The Maggotdrowners Forum - Out of stock!
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Out of stock!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

bigmac1
Life Member

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  10:17:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bigmac1 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I thought if it was listed on fosters site then it was in stock but obviously not

Go to Top of Page

Total
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt. London
United Kingdom

....Just one more cast!

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  11:00:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Total to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by bigmac1

I thought if it was listed on fosters site then it was in stock but obviously not

...You're right, if it is listed on a site, it should be in stock.

...Too many shops fall foul of the obvious and it annoys a lot of people.

...But there are many shops that are excellent too, many have been named on here in the past.

As Gingert has said, in this day and age, stock control should not be a problem.

...Hence why I ring a shop and get them to physically check for me if item(s) I require are in stock, before I order. If not. I spend my money elsewhere.

It's not the perfect solution I agree, but it does stop most of the nonsense.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  05:59:53 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Total

quote :
Originally posted by breamgod

It ain't fosters at fault Preston are a nightmare around xmas time I think they close the warehouse for a long period of time around xmas then are rushed off their feet with back orders

.....So are you saying it's Preston's fault? ....Fosters sod the order up, and it's someone else's fault
and how many orders do you think they get for the same item in a week...I ain't saying it's any bodies fault I've comment on it cos I know what every tackle shop owner whines about about Preston and Xmas ..it's only the same as Tesco online shopping and the amount of substitutes you get delivered

Go to Top of Page

AndrewA
Life Member

Site Supporter

Norfolk
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  09:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AndrewA's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add AndrewA to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I have used Foster's a lot and on the two occasions they had items out of stock I had a call from them within an hour or so to let me know and offer an alternative or refund.

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Oldish Opinionated Gimmer and Ex NFA Angling Coach

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  4:51:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

out of stock items REALLY pi$$ me off... the wife ordered me a Korum Compact Ruckbag for Christmas and it was showing in stock on the website (not Fosters I might add) and after it didn't arrive in time she phoned the tackle shop, only to be told it was out of stock.... it really annoys me when they do this... by taking the order they are just ensuring that no-one else gets the sale and they don't care how long you have to wait

Women Love Me... Fish Fear Me
Go to Top of Page

kentboy

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  6:57:50 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kentboy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

ANY IDEA WERE YOU CAN GET A SYRINGE FROM LOOKS WORTH GIVING THAT METHOD AGO.

Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  7:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

A chemist will sell you one and some tackle shops have them

Go to Top of Page

Chris Calder
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  7:41:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris Calder to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by kentboy

ANY IDEA WERE YOU CAN GET A SYRINGE FROM LOOKS WORTH GIVING THAT METHOD AGO.

local country/animal feed store, about 30p for a syringe, ours keep them behind the counter so you will need to ask for them

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

bigdavewsf
Life Member

Merseyside

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  8:02:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bigdavewsf to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

ebay has some too if you cant get to a shop, the best ones are feed syringes, you can tell because like in the video they have a purple plunger, they are designed for repeated use rather than once only of syringes for injections

Go to Top of Page

geofflukins
Life Member

North Yorkshire
England

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  8:26:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add geofflukins to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The thing with this is if you have a large store that sells direct to the public and also an on line business you cannot keep separate stock for each. Therefore if someone on line orders a certain reel which according to their records is in stock as it's still on the shelf in the shop and a customer in the actual shop picks up the last one before the on line section gets to it then they will have to then go back to the on line customer and tell them they no longer have any. If that makes sense. I would think that until the store customer pays for the reel it shows as still in stock. The moment it is checked through the till it is deducted from the stock holding.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Paul.P
Life Member

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  07:21:19 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paul.P to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

From talking to my local shop, the tackle trade ( & Preston in particular ) are devils for advertising something new, before the've any stock at all, & seeing what pre-orders they get, presumedly before ringing china & telling them how many to make, which is also very annoying.

Go to Top of Page

blue orfe
Life Member

Site Supporter

Berkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  08:03:11 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blue orfe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Tomboy2

My seal went on my Ringers pump just bought a wine vacuum pump,off flea bay 2.63 in fact I bought 2 looks and works like original.

I did the same but the cheap wine vacuum pumps don't hold the pressure like the original Ringers one did so you have you pump loads of times or use the bung.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.26 seconds.