The Maggotdrowners Forum - Leave it alone
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Leave it alone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bagger7
Life Member

Norfolk

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  10:57:02 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bagger7 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

is it me or have a lot of us forgotten the old adage if it aint broke don't fix it ?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

pat 1948
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

fair, fat and retired

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  12:23:52 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pat 1948 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

It's my favourite quote Bagger if you look at my profile, but how and in what circumstances has it affected you???

pat
Go to Top of Page

markthemouse
Life Member

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  12:50:12 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add markthemouse to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

What was not broke ?

Go to Top of Page

bagger7
Life Member

Norfolk

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  01:50:54 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bagger7 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I like probably a lot of other anglers try to improve on how I fish my missus keeps on saying why don't you go back to how you used to do it and lately I have like swingtip and slider float ect; and having some moderate success so hence the quote also she says kiss I guess we all know what that means. jon

Go to Top of Page

artist
wightangler

Site Supporter

Isles of Wight
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  10:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Send artist an AOL message  Send artist a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add artist to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

leave it out guv!

Oi- Ghostface shut it!

support team england!
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Matched up & living the dream every day

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  12:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

What's all this about then kiss!!!!!!!!!

Genesis-Rizov Pole Floats
Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  12:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

What's it got to do with "Fishing Talk"

Go to Top of Page

pat 1948
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

fair, fat and retired

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  1:14:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pat 1948 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by genesis

What's it got to do with "Fishing Talk"

I think you overlooked Baggers point about swingtipping and the use of the slider float Andy

pat
Go to Top of Page

sly
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

looking out for private plate no 2 (dig dig)

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:29:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sly to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Keep It Simple Stupid

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:32:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Sat next to a lad on my last match who used a swing tip, he had no problem catching.

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

Yuccaman

Site Supporter

Nottinghamshire
England

Tired (probably)

My Photo Album

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  9:31:31 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yuccaman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Like every adage, it has it's exact opposite - if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got. For me it's a balance. You have to look for new things, but don't change things just for the sake... In terms of looking back, I spent most of last summer trotting a stick float down the River Derwent catching roach. It was brilliant, so there is definitely much to be said for going back to some simple things (albeit that plenty of people have no idea how to trot a stick...(and far from being expert at it myself!))

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  6:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by bagger7

is it me or have a lot of us forgotten the old adage if it aint broke don't fix it ?

What a perfect thread for what the AT have just done to Fishomania. It wasn't broken so certainly didn't need any fixing

Go to Top of Page

pat 1948
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

fair, fat and retired

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  6:20:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pat 1948 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by genesis

quote :
Originally posted by bagger7

What a perfect thread for what the AT have just done to Fishomania. It wasn't broken so certainly didn't need any fixing

Yer spot on wi' that 'un Andy'

pat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.28 seconds.