The Maggotdrowners Forum - Topkits
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Topkits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  3:20:08 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

As anyone used a different make topkit on a top of range pole,after reading the browning page on Facebook they have fetched a topkit adaptor out to fit their no4s so any topkit fits their poles,main end 22mm tapering to 18mm,if you have purchased a browning pole from such a date they give you an adaptor free.I emailed browning about it,they told me to email the place of purchase so I did within 2 days I received one.But my only concern is would a different topkit from a top of range pole throw the pole out at long lengths?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

cjsid
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  4:01:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjsid to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

A lot will depend on weight and if extra length

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  4:03:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Why bother?

Go to Top of Page

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  4:54:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by NathanWatson

Why bother?
its designed so if any one had another make of pole but had a lot of topkits and decide they fancy a change of manufacturer for on thing or another they can use the top kits without having to buy a rake of new topkits

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  4:56:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by breamgod

quote :

Why bother?
its designed so if any one had another make of pole but had a lot of topkits and decide they fancy a change of manufacturer for on thing or another they can use the top kits without having to buy a rake of new topkits

I know, but my question still stands!?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  5:00:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Cos u can buy other topkits far cheaper than browning topkits i.e. Map

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  5:13:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

MAP fit anyway!

Go to Top of Page

Tomboy2
Life Member

Warwickshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  5:40:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tomboy2 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Would never mix and match.

Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Matched up & living the dream every day

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  5:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

quote :

Why bother?

Then you can't sell your old pole or pass it on without top kits.

Genesis-Rizov Pole Floats
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Matched up & living the dream every day

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  6:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Top kits are made for the relevant pole unless you buy cheap universals. Why would you want to put a spurious part on your high performance pole. If you own a cheap pole then fair enough, but I wouldn't personally.

Genesis-Rizov Pole Floats
Go to Top of Page

Kirtons
Life Member

Site Supporter

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  6:46:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kirtons to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I think the map and sensas kits fit already. The sensas match kits are a decent quality and those map shalla kits fit and they are about 40 and 6ft long so would be ideal for most commies, they do seem to be out of stock in most places though .

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  7:43:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I can get 5 Diawa air match kits brand new for 250 from someone I know that's the reason I'm asking,so I wouldn't be putting mediocre topkits on,I already know map n senses kits fit as I've already got 3 of those shalla map kits which r great fishing across on snake lakes proper stiffen the pole up to hit fast dinks off f1s and by accident I found out about senses poles as all the sections inter fit

Go to Top of Page

Gutsy
Life Member

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  7:46:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gutsy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

I can get 5 Diawa air match kits brand new for 250 from someone I know that's the reason I'm asking,so I wouldn't be putting mediocre topkits on,I already know map n senses kits fit as I've already got 3 of those shalla map kits which r great fishing across on snake lakes proper stiffen the pole up to hit fast dinks off f1s and by accident I found out about senses poles as all the sections inter fit

That would give you 47 tops kits all with NG green

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  7:49:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

Why say MAP then!?

Go to Top of Page

blue orfe
Life Member

Site Supporter

Berkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:04:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blue orfe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Gutsy

HaHaHa PMSL Gutsy

Go to Top of Page

biggs
Life Member

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit biggs's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add biggs to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

l have a tricast trilogy pro 2, my previous pole was a sensas 774....sold the 774 but later found 4 topkits l had forgotten about, tried them on the tricast...perfect fit, now use then just as much as the tricast kits.can"t see a difference between the two.

Go to Top of Page

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  9:13:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

quote :

Why say MAP then!?cheaper than browning kits

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  9:15:02 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

quote :

doubt it might as well put a reel on end for how that stuff works

Go to Top of Page

stikflote
Life Member

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
England

blanked again

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  10:36:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stikflote to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I have a Tri -Cas tril olgy pro2 and find that my old Map Adrenalin pro top kits fit perfect
i can't feel any difference from tri cast tops

Its wet again
Go to Top of Page

richox12
Life Member

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  07:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit richox12's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add richox12 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

As anyone used a different make topkit on a top of range pole,after reading the browning page on Facebook they have fetched a topkit adaptor out to fit their no4s so any topkit fits their poles,main end 22mm tapering to 18mm,if you have purchased a browning pole from such a date they give you an adaptor free.I emailed browning about it,they told me to email the place of purchase so I did within 2 days I received one.But my only concern is would a different topkit from a top of range pole throw the pole out at long lengths?

With the adaptor in place and A.N.Other make/size/length/weight of kit it will make a very different pole

Go to Top of Page

blue orfe
Life Member

Site Supporter

Berkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  08:11:50 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blue orfe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

quote :
doubt it might as well put a reel on end for how that stuff works

Have you not learnt how to use those puller kits yet?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.34 seconds.