The Maggotdrowners Forum - Fisho ticket format
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

 All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Fisho ticket format
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

map
Life Member

Sussex
United Kingdom

Member Since
04 August 2008

Posts: 532

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  6:41:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add map to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

http://www.total-fishing.com/new-sy...anuary-2017/

Hope that link works



Edited by - map on 11 January 2017 6:42:24 PM

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

 

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Aquaman2000uk
Life Member

Kent
England

Member Since
17 September 2004

Posts: 772

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  6:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Aquaman2000uk a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Aquaman2000uk to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I wonder how well its been tested


Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Looks like that's my fisho days over then.


Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
19 May 2009

Posts: 9532

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:05:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Does anyone understand it??


Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by NathanWatson

Does anyone understand it??

Looks like you have to log on at 10.30 and buy two venue tickets maximum which will be on a first come basis. Provided the system doesn't crash. Then in round two you can go back on and buy as many different venues as are still available. No reserves anymore just re-selling tickets on a first come basis again. Load of rubbish. Nothing wrong with the old system. A lottery is a lottery. AT have shot themselves in the foot this time. More Maver tickets for me


Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

 

Advertise here

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
19 May 2009

Posts: 9532

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:47:56 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

So, are the first two tickets first come, first served?

Doesn't bother me, got my 3 already and don't want any more, ha!


Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  08:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Looks like it.


Go to Top of Page

gobby1
Life Member

Cheshire
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Member Since
29 October 2007

Posts: 307

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  08:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit gobby1's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add gobby1 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Surely that's a better method? More chance of getting a ticket on a venue you want than before.


Go to Top of Page

woolavy
Life Member

Site Supporter

Somerset
United Kingdom

Member Since
29 November 2011

Posts: 2478

Status:
Why alway carp, carp, carp?

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  08:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit woolavy's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add woolavy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The way I see it is that everyone will log on at 10:30 on the 1st date, the system will crash, then re-start, then you can buy 2 rickets at venues which have spaces. After that, from the 2nd date, you can log on and buy any tickets for anywhere that still has space.
As for refunds, the tickets just get put back in to the hat so-to-speak, for anyone to buy.
But what I would like to know, as I haven't read it, is should I return a ticket, do I get a full refund? If not then peeps wont bother returning the ticket will they?



Would love to say I'm a 'top class all-rounder'......but I would not be telling the whole truth!!


woolavy's blog
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

 

Advertise here

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  10:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by gobby1

Surely that's a better method? More chance of getting a ticket on a venue you want than before.

Maybe, but not much good if you usually apply for 6 or 7 and take your chance in the lottery. You can normally apply over six weeks and wait for the draw. Now you have to be on line for 10.30 on the 30th or you might miss out. Look what happened with Feeder Masters. No one could get through. What with a 28 peg final on a lake that is too small and now this. The AT are ruining what was a workable system and great competition


Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
19 May 2009

Posts: 9532

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  10:15:11 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by genesis

quote :
Originally posted by gobby1

Surely that's a better method? More chance of getting a ticket on a venue you want than before.

Maybe, but not much good if you usually apply for 6 or 7 and take your chance in the lottery. You can normally apply over six weeks and wait for the draw. Now you have to be on line for 10.30 on the 30th or you might miss out. Look what happened with Feeder Masters. No one could get through. What with a 28 peg final on a lake that is too small and now this. The AT are ruining what was a workable system and great competition




Totally agree!


Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

corbyclubman
Life Member

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
01 January 2015

Posts: 1003

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  10:50:27 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add corbyclubman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

How do we know what matches fall in to round 1 and round 2 and how come you've got tickets already Nathan?


Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  12:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Nathan gets his three as a past Champion. All 28 will be available in round one but you can only apply for two. What happens if you can't be on line at 10.30 on the 30th and then every morning when round two opens to get extra matches. This has been done to appease the moaners who wanted just a single ticket for the local venue. Not the lads who are prepared to put the miles and effort in to fish multiple venues. There will be some spare tickets though as five of the lads I talk to who fish it regular have said they won't be bothering now and will get more Maver tickets instead.


Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

 

Advertise here

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
19 May 2009

Posts: 9532

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  1:00:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by genesis

Nathan gets his three as a past Champion. All 28 will be available in round one but you can only apply for two. What happens if you can't be on line at 10.30 on the 30th and then every morning when round two opens to get extra matches. This has been done to appease the moaners who wanted just a single ticket for the local venue. Not the lads who are prepared to put the miles and effort in to fish multiple venues. There will be some spare tickets though as five of the lads I talk to who fish it regular have said they won't be bothering now and will get more Maver tickets instead.


Aren't there 24 qualifiers here and 4 abroad?


Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  1:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by NathanWatson

quote :
Originally posted by genesis

Nathan gets his three as a past Champion. All 28 will be available in round one but you can only apply for two. What happens if you can't be on line at 10.30 on the 30th and then every morning when round two opens to get extra matches. This has been done to appease the moaners who wanted just a single ticket for the local venue. Not the lads who are prepared to put the miles and effort in to fish multiple venues. There will be some spare tickets though as five of the lads I talk to who fish it regular have said they won't be bothering now and will get more Maver tickets instead.


Aren't there 24 qualifiers here and 4 abroad?

Nothing to say you can't apply for them

Yes my mistake Nathan just 24 over here. How many people can guarantee to be at a computer or on=line for 10.30 on the day. Two lads I fish with are HGV drivers and could be anywhere. By the time they get logged on the venues they want may already have sold out. I know it's the same format for Maver but been 50 a ticket does slow things down and they take longer to sell out.


Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  1:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by map

http://www.total-fishing.com/new-sy...anuary-2017/

Hope that link works

What's your thoughts Map


Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
19 May 2009

Posts: 9532

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  2:02:59 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by genesis

quote :
Originally posted by NathanWatson

quote :
Originally posted by genesis

Nathan gets his three as a past Champion. All 28 will be available in round one but you can only apply for two. What happens if you can't be on line at 10.30 on the 30th and then every morning when round two opens to get extra matches. This has been done to appease the moaners who wanted just a single ticket for the local venue. Not the lads who are prepared to put the miles and effort in to fish multiple venues. There will be some spare tickets though as five of the lads I talk to who fish it regular have said they won't be bothering now and will get more Maver tickets instead.


Aren't there 24 qualifiers here and 4 abroad?

Nothing to say you can't apply for them

Yes my mistake Nathan just 24 over here. How many people can guarantee to be at a computer or on=line for 10.30 on the day. Two lads I fish with are HGV drivers and could be anywhere. By the time they get logged on the venues they want may already have sold out. I know it's the same format for Maver but been 50 a ticket does slow things down and they take longer to sell out.


I wonder if our foreign friends have to pay to join the Angling trust!?


Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

 

Advertise here

corbyclubman
Life Member

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
01 January 2015

Posts: 1003

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  2:26:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add corbyclubman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I bet they don't NEED AT membership which is a bit bad wrong really. Do you have to pay for your 3 tickets Nathan or do you get them for free?


Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
19 May 2009

Posts: 9532

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  2:53:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by corbyclubman

I bet they don't NEED AT membership which is a bit bad wrong really. Do you have to pay for your 3 tickets Nathan or do you get them for free?


Pay mate.


Go to Top of Page

genesis
Genesis-Rizov

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Member Since
16 November 2014

Posts: 3973

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  7:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I wonder if our foreign friends have to pay to join the Angling trust!?
[/quote]
I don't know but I can't see it myself as they would get no other benefit from it.


Go to Top of Page

map
Life Member

Sussex
United Kingdom

Member Since
04 August 2008

Posts: 532

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  7:44:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add map to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Personally I think that Matchroom sport and the Angling Trust have shot themselves in the foot, and I completely agree that's it's been done to please the moaners and venue experts that joint the AT then moan that they don't get there one ticket.
Even thou MMT and golden reel are offering larger prize pots - I still feel that Fishomania was the biggest individual match for British match anglers.
It wasn't broke, didn't need fixing ( maybe a different final venue ) but now it's ruined.

What will happen if the popular venues, especially those in the midlands with a larger catchment area see more applications than spaces/tickets in first round.

I shall put in for the 2 qualifiers at monks in the first round, but can't see many tickets being left for round 2


Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.34 seconds.