The Maggotdrowners Forum - Guru speed beads
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Guru speed beads
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peezartiste
Life Member

Site Supporter

Somerset
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 September 2016 :  07:45:25 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Peezartiste to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

http://www.tackleguru.com/matchfish.../speed-bead/
Tried these and found they are a good alternative to a link swivel. Being more streamlined there is less chance of getting tangles on bits of wire etc.
I also use them to attach a pellet waggler. Take the swivel out of the bead, thread the line through the top of the bead, through the swivel eye and back out of the bead. Attach the waggler, and pull the swivel back into the bead. It also helps to lock the waggler, but you will still need to put a float stop either side, but only one instead of two each side.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

brokenpole
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 November 2016 :  8:57:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add brokenpole to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Interesting but streamlined are you sure?

Go to Top of Page

artist
wightangler

Site Supporter

Isles of Wight
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 24 November 2016 :  11:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Send artist an AOL message  Send artist a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add artist to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

the pi dura beads are far, far better simpler far easier to undo, imo and with a fair few other local mates concluding the same after trying the guru beads as 'speedy' they are not.

support team england!
Go to Top of Page

brokenpole
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 November 2016 :  12:18:11 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add brokenpole to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Never heard of them whats the difference artist.

Go to Top of Page

billy the blank
Life Member

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 November 2016 :  9:43:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billy the blank to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Unless guru have made modifications then these are horrific little things to use. The new x safe elastic comes with these and they are a nightmare to use. So stiff and slow to change hooklengths and are actually offset so your line shoots off on an angle.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

brokenpole
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 26 November 2016 :  12:05:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add brokenpole to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The best ones i have used are the
korum ones, anybody got a better alternative? I only use them for feeder fishing.

Go to Top of Page

T.I

Site Supporter

Posted - 26 November 2016 :  5:30:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add T.I to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The speed bead is somewhat different to the bead on the speed stems. I haven't got on with either for hioklengths, but I like the idea of using the swivel from the speed bead for quick changing loaded wagglers, I struggle a bit with the snap link variety.

Go to Top of Page

tazz
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 29 November 2016 :  12:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit tazz's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add tazz to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

PI dura beads far better.

Go to Top of Page

artist
wightangler

Site Supporter

Isles of Wight
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 29 November 2016 :  3:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Send artist an AOL message  Send artist a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add artist to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

apologies meant pi korum dura beads - the basic straight ones the other two, the angled and the plug end one are poor.

support team england!
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

G0zzer2
Life Member

Site Supporter

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  12:27:47 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add G0zzer2 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I get on OK with them on a feeder.

Go to Top of Page

Life Member

Posted - 19 December 2016 :  5:16:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 0072009 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I use them all the time as my favourite club has a fixed and semi fixed ban made it quick to change hooklink and even in the cold of my last match this last week when my hands where giving up.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.27 seconds.