CODE FOR ANGLERS
Before going fishing please read and follow this code to protect the countryside from further spread of Foot and Mouth
- If you have handled cattle, sheep, goats or pigs in the last 7 days please do not go fishing.
- Check with your fishing club or the fishery owner that the water is open prior to going fishing
- Respect footpaths or rights of way still closed and the 3km exclusion zones around infected premises
- Do not go near, and never touch, handle or feed livestock : - if you come across them unexpectedly, move away slowly; if necessary re-trace your route.
- Do not take dogs.
- Do not leave any waste food or litter.
- Stay on the path or at the water's edge
- Leave all gates as you find them.
- Use disinfectant where provided.
- Start your fishing trip with clean equipment, footwear and clothing.
For further information, and advice to Fishery Owners, Click Here