The Maggotdrowners Forum - River Medway, Tonbridge, Dartford DAPS stretch
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 River Medway, Tonbridge, Dartford DAPS stretch
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gibby
Life Member

Kent

Posted - 22 June 2017 :  12:24:22 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gibby to your friends list

With the 30C+ temperatures we have had in Kent over the past week and the lack of rain, it was never going to be easy, but I just had to give the river a go.

Arrived at about 5.30pm with the weather still unbearably hot

Used my 14í Drennan ultralight matched with my late dadís old speedia centre pin, stick float, 16 hook on 2.9BS drennan floatfish line.

As expected the river was low and sluggish with barely enough current to pull line off the reel. Fed mashed bread and corn groundbait with punch on the hook. Bothered by hordes of bleak, so I moved the float up the line, bulked the shot about a foot from the hook, switched to sweet corn and fished laying on style (or is it stret pegging? Ė Iím never quite sure).

After about 15 minutes the float slid away and I had a roach of about 4 ounces followed by several more. A few needed the landing net and all were in good condition. Switched to worm fished higher in the water and had a couple of perch, the biggest about half a pound.

A better session than I expected given the conditions, but roll on some rain and some cooler weather.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Jasper999

Posted - 22 June 2017 :  3:36:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jasper999 to your friends list

Fished the Medway myself yesterday at Yalding (Calpac section above Tea Pot Island). Float fished a pole float under the rod tip with hemp and corn as hookbait and managed about 20 Roach to 6oz and a couple of skimmers. The bites never seem to get really bad going but not to bad a day in that searing heat.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2020 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.09 seconds.