The Maggotdrowners Forum - Canal silvers
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Canal silvers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pickard1
Life Member

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 July 2017 :  11:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pickard1's Homepage  Click to see Pickard1's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this topic Add Pickard1 to your friends list

I went out yesterday after some Tench, I was fishing for 5.45am. Someone forgot to tell the tench though.....

This stretch of the canal is full of stunted blade bream. If the bigger bream or tench don't muscle in then this is all you can catch.

I started off with 3 jaffas down the track with worm and castor through them. blade skimemrs from the off.

After a couple of hours I had a roach take a castor in front of my keepnet while shipping out. It was the first roach I'd seen all day. Out of curiosity I dropped another castor in the margin on my top kit, before the float had settled the elastic was out half way across the canal. I thought I'd snagged a tench, but it was actually a roach.
I had a few more decent roach (4-8oz) right in the margin beneath my keepnet....it was like fishing a commercial for carp....except Roach on a canal.

I kept trying on the track line, after re-feeding I had another fish that I thought was a tench, but it was a big perch.

I also had a couple of 1 lb skimmers on this line, but mainly annoying blades.

I suppose you cant be annoyed with 10lb of silvers from the canal. But if the tench and slabs were playing ball I would have expected closer to 30lb.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Robbo2
Life Member

Staffordshire

Posted - 09 July 2017 :  1:01:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Robbo2 to your friends list

Nice bag of fish - where are you fishing?

Go to Top of Page

Kirtons
Life Member

Posted - 09 July 2017 :  2:11:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kirtons to your friends list

Lovely net Dan

Go to Top of Page

notneeded
Life Member

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 July 2017 :  2:22:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add notneeded to your friends list

Hi Dan not been out after the new carp in the canal yet ? Stocked a few about the lock house .

Go to Top of Page

Pickard1
Life Member

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 July 2017 :  7:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pickard1's Homepage  Click to see Pickard1's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Pickard1 to your friends list

Hello Tony. Not tried that yet, its on my list to pay it a visit.

This was the Grantham canal.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

rd350lc
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 09 July 2017 :  9:34:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rd350lc to your friends list

That's some canal sport there , cracking net

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2020 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.09 seconds.