The Maggotdrowners Forum - Korum Accessory Chair
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Korum Accessory Chair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Oldish Opinionated Gimmer and Ex NFA Angling Coach

Posted - 19 July 2016 :  10:04:52 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

In a word... Brilliant...!

I added the extending legs and it's perfect, all my Preston bits fit and I have a ready made fishing station for pleasure trips... with side tray feeder bowl and rod rests... my knees are totally shot so the new setup allows me to fish more than just matches perched on my box/platform... it can be lowered down so it fits under a low/oval brolly for better weather protection, or I can simply slot a normal brolly into the Korum holder on hot days.. I'm really smitten with this chair... so much so I'm wondering if it can be be used whilst match fishing and maybe selling on my beloved Matchbox

Women Love Me... Fish Fear Me

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

mickmac
Life Member

Posted - 20 July 2016 :  04:49:01 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mickmac to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Totally agree,i've been using it for 3 seasons on barbel sessions but my ms has got so bad that a seatbox is impracticle.Like you i have bought telescopic legs and a footplate,not used it yet but it is well designed and great quality as is all the korum stuff i use.
The only problem is that being 6ft tall i can't quite get my thigh level for pole fishing,i had to sell my main pole cos it wouldn't get used,the butt diameter was too big for my hands so i bought 6 top kits for my old yank and bank and plan to use this for all pole work,never going above 10m will help me with handling but only time will tell whether it will cause problems but for all my rod n reel fishing it reigns supreme.

Go to Top of Page

middyman
Life Member

Nottinghamshire

Posted - 21 July 2016 :  11:05:37 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add middyman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Harry considering one of these setups for taking to caravan instead of all my gear.thanks for write up.

Go to Top of Page

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Posted - 22 July 2016 :  10:25:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

MiddyMan... I have put 2 Preston Ripple bars and a Korum brolly holder on the chair and it still folds up flat, I have the groundbait hoop and bag and medium Preston side tray in a net bag with my landing nets... I have a couple of Preston winder boxes with ready made rigs, feeders and bits and the lot goes into my carryall.. so now I have a small lightweight setup that I can take pretty much anywhere.. chair netbag carryall and rodbag... I have also found a Korum Bag chair so I can put the chair, my nets and satellite pieces into that..

Edited by - Arry on 22 July 2016 11:19:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

bob17

Site Supporter

Gloucestershire

Posted - 23 July 2016 :  10:22:40 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bob17 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Have you tried the new Korum speedfit accessories ?
I have the feeder arm ,bait bowl with hoop and butt rest I find they cut down on set up time as the main fittings can be left on the chair legs.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

middyman
Life Member

Nottinghamshire

Posted - 23 July 2016 :  3:40:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add middyman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Thanks Arry,food for thought there mate

Go to Top of Page

trotter2
Life Member

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2016 :  12:00:57 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trotter2 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Yes there good kit mate, better than a box for sure

Go to Top of Page

Fishplate 42
Two Dog Ralph

Site Supporter

United Kingdom

Worm and maggot union rep.

Posted - 24 July 2016 :  11:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fishplate 42's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Fishplate 42 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

My family treated me to the deluxe version for my 60th birthday and I love it. The only thing I have found is that anything that is fixed to it wobbles. I now use a tripod to stand my bait waiter on and I have today bought one of Aldi's bivvy tables to put my coffee on rather than slopping it all over my side tray every time I get up or move quickly.

Ralph.

My Blog: http://notinmyfridge.blogspot.co.uk/

It was T H I S big - Honest!

Go to Top of Page

Nematode
No pasarán!

Sussex
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 July 2016 :  8:48:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nematode to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Looking at images online of the Deluxe, does it have a higher back rest/head rest than the standard chair? I can see it becoming a bit off balance once there's accessories attached.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

bob17

Site Supporter

Gloucestershire

Posted - 27 July 2016 :  11:58:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bob17 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Just upgraded to the deluxe model and I find it a big improvement over the standard model.
It has a higher back and a prominent head rest which I find comfortable.
The big improvement is the extra padding which now covers the side metal fittings which on the standard model tended to dig into your backside.
I use a large preston side tray,the groundbait bowl, rod rest arm and brolly fitting and have no problems with the chair feeling unbalanced.

Go to Top of Page

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Posted - 28 July 2016 :  09:39:18 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

the more accessories you add to the chair legs, the more stable it becomes... I think for those prone to nodding off then the deluxe is the kiddie... for those who want to stay away and fish then the standard is the way to go...

I have used mine twice now and I've come to the conclusion that although you could match fish with one... I'll be keeping my box for matches as bobbing up and down to get odd bits out of the carryall is a bit of a chore, whereas on the box, I have drawers with all the gubbins that I need readily to hand...

As I regularly pleasure fish with vintage gear I'll be using the chair for those outings and the odd times when I go carping

Edited by - Arry on 28 July 2016 12:48:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Lobber
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 28 August 2016 :  6:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lobber's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Lobber to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Had mine since 2006. Still going strong, I cracked the side tray and replaced it. When it eventually gives out I'll be buying another for sure.

Go to Top of Page

DAF 3600
Life Member

Lancashire

Posted - 07 November 2016 :  8:21:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DAF 3600 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Has anybody fitted their accessory chair to a compact ruckbag.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 10 November 2016 :  9:39:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Browner to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by DAF 3600

Has anybody fitted their accessory chair to a compact ruckbag.

I fit my Korum lite weight chair to the compact ruckbag every time I go fishing. Totally brilliant.

Go to Top of Page

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Posted - 15 November 2016 :  11:51:14 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Just as a try out I fitted the compact ruckbag to my accessory chair in Docklow tackle on Saturday, it only attaches by the plastic moulded hooks, and there are no other methods of securement... if this is good enough for your uses, then I suppose it'll work, but I'd be wary of overloading the bag and having one of the hooks or the stitching fail whilst in situ... hope this helps

Go to Top of Page

Robertthegreat

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 November 2016 :  2:26:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Robertthegreat to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Has anybody got the chair and net bag.wondering if it could be adapted to carry same has a ruckbag. Bit easier than over one shoulder.

Go to Top of Page

DAF 3600
Life Member

Lancashire

Posted - 17 November 2016 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DAF 3600 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Thanks Arry, going to Ted Carters in the morning to look at one, if not It'll have to be the ruckbag, but realy fancied the compact.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

brokenpole
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 November 2016 :  10:46:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add brokenpole to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I have considered a chair for ages now, mainly to reduce the ridiculous weight I have to hump around every time I fancy a fishing session,but although I don't match fish now I still like to use a pole up to 14.5 mtrs sometimes, my question is can I do this from a chair.

Go to Top of Page

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Posted - 18 November 2016 :  08:44:21 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

It's do-able, but I wouldn't recommend it.... At Docklow on Sat I was using a 6m margin pole and it was right on the border of being uncomfortable.... For 14mts you'd need the chair set high and the back set low to get the room to ship back properly.... I'd use the chair for a short margin pole, but not a proper long pole... hope this helps

Go to Top of Page

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Posted - 18 November 2016 :  08:48:11 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Robertthegreat

Has anybody got the chair and net bag.wondering if it could be adapted to carry same has a ruckbag. Bit easier than over one shoulder.

I use an Avanti net bag and it slots in between the seat base and seat back whilst mobile, I just carry a side tray, compact unhooking mat and a landing net.... if you wanted to take a keepnet I think you'd struggle and if the bag leaks (they all do) you'd have a wet seat and back on your return home...!

Go to Top of Page

tag
Life Member

Site Supporter

Yorkshire

Posted - 18 November 2016 :  09:49:40 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tag to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by brokenpole

I have considered a chair for ages now, mainly to reduce the ridiculous weight I have to hump around every time I fancy a fishing session,but although I don't match fish now I still like to use a pole up to 14.5 mtrs sometimes, my question is can I do this from a chair.

I think that may be expecting too much, and mainly depends on your own build and body strength not to mention your prowess handling the pole.
So long as you buy the extending legs and include a bump bar and a footplate with your chair you could manage it !

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.39 seconds.