The Maggotdrowners Forum - Anybody know which lake this may be?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Anybody know which lake this may be?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon R
Life Member

Site Supporter

Teesside
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  12:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R's Homepage  Click to see Simon R's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this topic Add Simon R to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Advert in the classified section of today's Gazette:

Angling Lake for lease near Richmond - 07873 633745

I can think of a couple in that area - the pond at Great Langton that Richmond AC used to lease and a lake a bit further north that Clive Simpson used to control when he also had Broken Brea - he called it Langdale but I don't think that was its real name.

I've also just spotted the advert so thought it probably a bit late to ring tonight

Simon

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stokesley.ac/

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Sam Vimes
Life Member

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  06:57:45 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sam Vimes to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Simon,
I doubt it being Great Langton or Langdale, but it's possible. Langdale I've heard nothing of for years, despite actively looking for water to lease in the last couple of years. The owner of Langton generally uses a certain agent, I would doubt that they'd be putting ads in the Gazette classifieds.

There are a few new waters in the Scorton area that are becoming available. As it stands, describing them as angling lakes might be pushing the truth. There are also a couple of largely unknown waters in the general area that could be being touted to a wider audience.

Go to Top of Page

nejohn
Life Member

Gwent
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  08:55:40 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nejohn to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I used to work in the richmond area and did a lot of exploring looking for possible fishing opertunities, The only lake I found around Richmond itself was a smallish lake just out of town if you took gilling road towards the A66, it was on the left hand side about 1-2 miles from the town centre behind some trees, it was very shallow and heavily weeded when I looked but tat was about 25 years ago. I did also hear rumours of a farm pond near skeeby but was never able to find it, after that you would need to go towards Scorton where there were quite a few smallish waters. I remember fishing langdale and had mixed furtunes, one day you could blank then fish the same peg with the same methods another day and have a good bag of decent sized crucians

Go to Top of Page

nelson66
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  2:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit nelson66's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nelson66 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

give them a call ?

2017 Species Challenge
Caught : Pike, Perch, Crucian Carp, Bream, carp, Gudgeon, Roach, Ide, Brown Goldfish, Brown Trout, Bullhead, Stoneloach, Grayling, 3 spined stickleback,minnow, eel, brook lamprey
To Be Caught : Rudd Tench Silver Bream Salmon Sea Trout Rainbow Trout Char Vendace Schelly Dace Ruffe 9 Spined Stickleback Spined Loach Barbel Bitterling Catfish Smelt Bleak Shad (Twaite or Allis) Zander Motherless Minnow/ Sunbleak Grass Carp Chub Pumpkinseed Sturgeon Flounder Mullet

Go to Top of Page

Chris1Richo
Life Member

Site Supporter

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  2:40:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris1Richo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I was thinking of getting this myself: http://www.fisheries4sale.com/Prope...l/FA434.aspx

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

david white
Life Member

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  6:50:59 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add david white to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Chris1Richo

I was thinking of getting this myself: http://www.fisheries4sale.com/Prope...l/FA434.aspx

Very nice Chris, I often think about buying things, usually along the lines of that lake or a stretch of exclusive river with roach dace and chub

then I wake up !!!

Go to Top of Page

gingert76
Ginge

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  7:04:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gingert76 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Kitchen is a tad big for me

Go to Top of Page

Scribe
Life Member

Site Supporter

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  7:38:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scribe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by gingert76

Kitchen is a tad big for me

Put an Island in

Kev

“If you can’t play nice, play rugby !’
‘Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so !’
Go to Top of Page

SJJB
Simon

Teesside
England

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  8:13:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SJJB to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Simon R

Advert in the classified section of today's Gazette:

Angling Lake for lease near Richmond - 07873 633745

I can think of a couple in that area - the pond at Great Langton that Richmond AC used to lease and a lake a bit further north that Clive Simpson used to control when he also had Broken Brea - he called it Langdale but I don't think that was its real name.

I've also just spotted the advert so thought it probably a bit late to ring tonight

Simon

Simon, I believe Lockwood becks lease is up for grabs if you fancy taking that on

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Philocalist
Life Member

England

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  8:18:31 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philocalist to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Number has been on an answering service all day with no responses so far to messages left - beyond that, I've no more idea.

Go to Top of Page

Sam Vimes
Life Member

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  10:42:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sam Vimes to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Had a word with a few at our monthly meeting tonight. The word was that it may be Crabtree Lake near Gilling West.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

RiverRunt

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  11:08:25 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RiverRunt to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Yes, definitely Crabtree, which is / was stocked and fished as a trout lake most recently.
https://www.facebook.com/crabtreelake.co.uk/

Go to Top of Page

Chris1Richo
Life Member

Site Supporter

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  11:46:54 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris1Richo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by david white

quote :
Originally posted by Chris1Richo

Very nice Chris, I often think about buying things, usually along the lines of that lake or a stretch of exclusive river with roach dace and chub

then I wake up !!!

One can dream

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.16 seconds.