The Maggotdrowners Forum - Avanti match topkits
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Avanti match topkits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scrums

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  08:53:34 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add scrums to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Just received my 3 after loads of grief with the worst courier company on the planet - Hermes

Anyway - a question for anyone who has one/has set one up - Can I assume they're telescopic ? and how well does the elastic fare when you telescope them down ?

Chris.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

tedstriker
Life Member

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  10:09:09 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tedstriker to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

which avanti kits are they? if they are the standard 2 piece kit then they are not telescopic

Go to Top of Page

scrums

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  10:26:55 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scrums to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

3 pc Match, there's no way 1st (top) section could physically be a putover. 2nd and 3rd possibly - but I'd have very little pole to elasticate and would never find a puller bung small enough diameter to fit into the base of the 2nd section.

Go to Top of Page

tedstriker
Life Member

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  10:48:20 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tedstriker to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

if its a match 3 then yes it will be telescopic

Go to Top of Page

cjsid
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjsid to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

No 1 tele no 2 and 3 put over

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

scrums

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  11:16:45 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scrums to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Phew ... confusing myself now !

I think it's got to be elasticated all 3 sections telescopic - 3rd section is a tight fit in it's tube as it is.

Go to Top of Page

MartynRedfern
Another bad draw

Suffolk
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  12:48:50 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MartynRedfern to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

generally, on match kits (assuming they are 3 piece) the 1st and 2nd section are telescoped and the 3rd is put over. You will soon know if the 3rd is put over by trying it.

If it is takeapart, I would not recommend telescoping as you will lose length and create a flat spot when playing a fish.

Go to Top of Page

Neil_LCFC

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  7:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neil_LCFC's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Neil_LCFC to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I ordered a side pulla avanti kit a few months ago and the base diameter wasn't the advertised size which rendered it useless and the kit came in a flimsy cardboard box and was smashed to pieces. I had to ring them up and take photos of the damage and email the pics to them . They did refund me and let me keep the topkit . Not tho it was any good it was destroyed from being chucked about in couriers vans . Can't believe they would send anything so breakable in such pathetic packaging.

Go to Top of Page

scrums

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  08:25:58 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scrums to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Fortunately mine came in separate top kit tubes - which was good because the flimsy cardboard was destroyed and open.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Neil_LCFC

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  6:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neil_LCFC's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Neil_LCFC to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Sounds like mine was just in the flimsy cardboard no tubes at all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.25 seconds.