The Maggotdrowners Forum - Dusk barbel Fishing
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Dusk barbel Fishing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris1Richo
Life Member

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  3:12:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Chris1Richo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

What do people use, starlites on the rod tip or bite alarm ?

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

brian carragher
Life Member

Teesside
England

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  3:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit brian carragher's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add brian carragher to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Bite alarms set low, easier on the eyes than starlites

Go to Top of Page

Davebhoy
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt. London
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  3:24:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Davebhoy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

stick float until you can't see it anymore

Go to Top of Page

smiffy
Life Member

Suffolk
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  4:03:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smiffy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I use the drennan isotopes with their clips. One right on the tip and the other set back 8inches or so.
Im normally fishing for Chub and Roach with the rod down. I would think you could get away with one isotope for Barbel.

Go to Top of Page

Dave
Red Leader

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

...fully qualified in Tea making

My Photo Album

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  7:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Paint the top 150mm of the rod tip white and it makes it easier to see.
When it gets dark use an Isotope, something like these.. http://gardnertackle.co.uk/product/...-betalights/ and you can also buy a connector to fix them onto your rod tip

Dave

Please Support Maggotdrowning.com

MaggotMail Email service for Anglers

The Maggotdrowning Clothing Shop

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Site Supporter

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  7:17:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Small cable tie to hold in place some silicon wide enough to hold isotope, about inch long, then another cable tie just round the tip only and under the silicon to prop it up slightly.

'Any indications?'
Go to Top of Page

Mr Fishin
Life Member

Site Supporter

Cheshire

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  11:32:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr Fishin to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Finger on the line.

Go to Top of Page

Total
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt. London
United Kingdom

....Just one more cast!

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  11:39:30 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Total to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

...A baitrunner!.....Barbel bites, especially around dusk/dark are rarely subtle!

Mark

Edited by - Total on 10 January 2017 11:42:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris1Richo
Life Member

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  09:35:41 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris1Richo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Total

...A baitrunner!.....Barbel bites, especially around dusk/dark are rarely subtle!

I have 2 baitrunners and also the tips are white. Off to a good start I guess .

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

brian carragher
Life Member

Teesside
England

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  10:23:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit brian carragher's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add brian carragher to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Only trouble with fishing into dusk is that dusk quickly becomes dark and with no natural light even white tips are hard to see, bite alarms that show red light led's are much easier on the eyes than isotopes or starlites or torch's on a rod tip, goes without saying that baitrunners are the order of the day (or night in this case)

Go to Top of Page

Chris1Richo
Life Member

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  12:50:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris1Richo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I don't really get bite alarms, this kind of goes of subject.

I see them used with Bobbins and receivers etc but I have no idea about them, maybe a time for an idiots guide to bite alarms thread.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.25 seconds.