The Maggotdrowners Forum - Topkits
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Topkits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Craigo
Life Member

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  08:30:52 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Craigo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

not sure about the new diawa kits but the old ctk's were rubbish and heavy imo.....if you stuck a preston GIS top 4 on a diawa (fit like a glove) the diawa was transformed and much stiffer

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  1:01:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Craigo

not sure about the new diawa kits but the old ctk's were rubbish and heavy imo.....if you stuck a preston GIS top 4 on a diawa (fit like a glove) the diawa was transformed and much stiffer

Just compared to a CTK, not a match top?

Go to Top of Page

Craigo
Life Member

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  4:47:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Craigo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Not seen the new match kits Nathan but the old ones were much heavier than the preston GIS ones, top 3's weren't quite a perfect fit but with a Gis top 4 the daiwa was miles better and they fit perfect....I know this sounds weird but try it....top 4's off a new Preston Response will fit, borrow one off lads on bank and have a waggle with ya tourney

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  4:55:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

Not seen the new match kits Nathan but the old ones were much heavier than the preston GIS ones, top 3's weren't quite a perfect fit but with a Gis top 4 the daiwa was miles better and they fit perfect....I know this sounds weird but try it....top 4's off a new Preston Response will fit, borrow one off lads on bank and have a waggle with ya tourney

I remember seeing someone using Preston tops on a Tournament years ago, the new Daiwa match tops are no different to the old ones, just that you mentioned CTKs?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Craigo
Life Member

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  1:51:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Craigo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Like I say, next time ya on bank borrow a top 4 off a preston and try it. Also, preston short 4's are longer than diawa short 4's and shorter than a standard - kind of inbetween....ideal to increase rigidity without losing too much length - the diawa ones are too short.

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  2:10:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

Like I say, next time ya on bank borrow a top 4 off a preston and try it. Also, preston short 4's are longer than diawa short 4's and shorter than a standard - kind of inbetween....ideal to increase rigidity without losing too much length - the diawa ones are too short.

I'm just trying to establish whether you think the Preston are better than Daiwa match tops or just Daiwa CTKs?

Very rare I see anyone with a Preston pole.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.19 seconds.