The Maggotdrowners Forum - Story so far...........
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 www.Maggotdrowning.com
 Football Corner
 Story so far...........
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

mark67
Life Member

Posted - 11 December 2017 :  8:40:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mark67 to your friends list

Does not show up for the big games tho

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 December 2017 :  8:45:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Not many top class players do as the opposing teams nullify them.
This then creates opportunities for others.

A certain 5 times Ballon D'or winner does not have a stella record in major international tournaments.
Yet apart from a world cup he has won every award in the game.

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 13 December 2017 :  12:49:13 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

pogba makes united tick at the mo, no pogba no united but I suppose you spend 89 million on players that make a difference..........
united needed a striker last summer and had grizeman done in my opinion until atletico got banned which left them with ither morata or lukaku....
I wanted morata but i think theres a lot of bad blood between real and united which made it very hard so lukaku was realistically the only choice.....
He will def score goals but i think we will be back in for grizeman next summer.
if jose had got grizeman and perisc like he wanted we would be a lot closer to city in the league in my opinion.

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 13 December 2017 :  12:50:22 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

but im more than happy with second at the mo after the last 4 seasons in the league and im sure ill see more silver wear lifted this season.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Wise Owl
Trainee Moderator

West Yorkshire
Pakistan

Posted - 13 December 2017 :  06:22:15 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wise Owl to your friends list

I dont doubt You will go on to buy more silverware, and its nice to hear from ya but seeing Manure get what they been giving for years especialy from the Blue side of Manchester and sulking is Priceless

Edited by - Wise Owl on 13 December 2017 06:24:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 December 2017 :  07:01:16 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Rare visit PP - staying or just passing through

Good news about the Qatar contract

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 December 2017 :  7:00:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

Yea pogba does make a difference, not always a good one though, a game the other week he was just doing that jog of his when he should have been sprinting back to mark the player who was left free to score, then its balanced with the brilliance of teeing up that goal the other day.

I'm still not convinced with him, been some flashes of brilliance and good performances admittedly, but I think we would benefit more and be more of a consistent force if he put in a 4 out of 5 every game, rather than a 3 one week, a 4 the next and the odd 5. Trouble is, I also see him still as a player Fergie didn't rate and let go, then we spent 89mill to get back. Fergie wasn't always right admittedly and Pogba does come across as the type who could clash personality wise with him, but I want to give him a chance to prove that price tag.

With you PP in that I would take second quite happily now, but wasn't quite what was realistically hoping for back in August.

Go to Top of Page

Wise Owl
Trainee Moderator

West Yorkshire
Pakistan

Posted - 13 December 2017 :  7:29:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wise Owl to your friends list

Neither was he

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

mark67
Life Member

Posted - 13 December 2017 :  7:59:30 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mark67 to your friends list

The way Burnley are going they might get second

Go to Top of Page

shang
Life Member

Hertfordshire

Posted - 27 December 2017 :  6:48:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shang to your friends list

So, van Dijk - overpriced at 75 million or are they going to recoup some money from selling Coutinho ?

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 December 2017 :  7:01:38 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

So this is a centre half that threw his toys out,plays for an international side that failed to qualify for the World Cup,has hardly become a house hold name in the past two seasons and before Saints was plying his trade at Celtic.

75 million? - could have bought 2 or 3 good defenders for that
Can see this one going t*ts up

Edited by - Phoenixicus on 27 December 2017 7:02:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 28 December 2017 :  11:57:09 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

He's not worth that imo. But might be worth that to Liverpool over time if he helps to improve their defence.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 28 December 2017 :  12:01:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Man City didn't think he was worth less than that so that would be a good benchmark.

Liverpool now after De Vrij who is IMO the better of the two Dutch centre halves.
At least Liverpool are showing intent

Go to Top of Page

shang
Life Member

Hertfordshire

Posted - 21 January 2018 :  12:44:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shang to your friends list

Well done Watford on sacking another good manager... who would want to go there fully expecting to be out the door in one season ?

Go to Top of Page

RUDDLES
Life Member

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 January 2018 :  2:28:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RUDDLES to your friends list

He should have gone to everton he showed some loyalty by staying then gets sacked really poor by the Watford board.

Go to Top of Page

shang
Life Member

Hertfordshire

Posted - 21 January 2018 :  3:00:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shang to your friends list

Maybe it's the way I remember things but don't Watford always tail off after Xmas ? A few years back I rated their Quique Flores but he got the push too.

These sackings must be costing Watford a few quid !

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement...

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Eric The Red
Life Member

Durham
England

Posted - 21 January 2018 :  6:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Eric The Red's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Eric The Red to your friends list

he should of gone to sunderland and he could of had christmas off , we have a good/bad record on managers

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 22 January 2018 :  7:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Wise Owl

I dont doubt You will go on to buy more silverware, and its nice to hear from ya but seeing Manure get what they been giving for years especialy from the Blue side of Manchester and sulking is Priceless
Yeah being a blue since i was a kid Bert Trautmans era in those days it was fairly equal split of mancs with both teams and the players got on buses.Then big money came in and the red half as had it for years but i'm a great believer what goes around comes around and we know who can't handle it.After all the true supporters are the ones that go every week win or lose to the clubs with no money they are the proper football fans.

Go to Top of Page

Wise Owl
Trainee Moderator

West Yorkshire
Pakistan

Posted - 22 January 2018 :  7:37:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wise Owl to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by spudnudd

quote :
Originally posted by Wise Owl

Yeah being a blue since i was a kid Bert Trautmans era in those days it was fairly equal split of mancs with both teams and the players got on buses.Then big money came in and the red half as had it for years but i'm a great believer what goes around comes around and we know who can't handle it.After all the true supporters are the ones that go every week win or lose to the clubs with no money they are the proper football fans.

Did it all through the 80s mate was rewarded in 92 but apart from a semi final in The European cup it's been mainly downhill with letdown after letdown, but guess what im loud proud Leeds Utd till i die

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 January 2018 :  12:50:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

Spud, I don't think you can categorise the 'trueness' of fans based on wealth of their club. I do think though that the real game is played in the lower leagues these days.

When i have moaned about where Utd are at, i have also spared a thought for how other fans whose clubs are in worse positions may be feeling, so some of us are capable of a reality check and don't lord it.

Whilst i think Utds long term and prolonged success was due to the financial situation available, the initial success was down to largely home grown talent, i am not sure it was/is quite the same with City.

If we are going play top trumps or poker with names as a measure of how true we are, then i must refer to the Dave Sexton and Ron Atkinson eras, a small handful of trophies (Charity Shield & FA Cups), money available in Atkinson's case, plenty of names brought with it for not alot of impact.

Money doesn't always guarantee success, but it helps, along with the right manager, the shared values from top to bottom and the right players, on the latter, having plenty of wages to offer doesn't always guarantee the right player with the right mindset.

I think with City, the money has come first, but they have also got the rest of the above right now.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.08 seconds.