The Maggotdrowners Forum - man city
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 www.Maggotdrowning.com
 Football Corner
 man city
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 03 March 2018 :  4:57:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

City have bought it but its irelevent

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 03 March 2018 :  5:08:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Hahahhaha
It's a Manchester thing and both clubs do it.

"Yeah but Liverpool WON everything they didn't buy it "
I would explain taking the p**s and sarcasm to you PP but you always seem to disappear when things are not going United's way.

Now explain to me what's gone wrong this time where United have spent massively on players but are still a distant second best.

SPENT FORCE Manchester United have spent £600m on 22 players since Fergie left but are still nowhere near City
The Red Devils have spent £600million on 22 players since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013, but are yet to mount a serious title charge

Good job they are not trying to buy success though

Go to Top of Page

davylad
Life Member

East Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 03 March 2018 :  8:59:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add davylad to your friends list

Have Man City players all come through the ranks, being a rugby lad I'm not sure?

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 March 2018 :  08:39:09 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

No mate that's why this topic is sarcastically emphasising the "not buying success" aspect.

Worcester v Leicester for me today,Warriors have a great academy and the knack of buying good players and they then improve.
(probably one of the best facilities in UK rugby now)
Trouble is we just can't keep them, but if we could we could build a very good squad.

Although not shown it much for Wales so far Josh Adams is a natural scorer and Ben Te'o has shown what he can do.
Longer we stay up the more exciting the future will get.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

160642fishing
Life Member

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  10:34:41 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 160642fishing to your friends list

It would have served Man City right if Chelsea had nicked a goal in the last few minutes,they seemed to stop trying to score in the second half,I know Chelsea were poor but it doesn't excuse what City were up to,I can understand playing 'keep ball' in the last few minutes but not for a complete half.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

How many teams have parked the bus at the Etihad this season its shoite roll on the later stages of the Champions league with hopefully Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern and us or Liverpool left in it.All the mentioned are attack minded and football at its best.

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  6:23:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

These comments about wanting to see a spectacle all the time and the opportunity to keep digging at Utd taken each time, it making me smile.

So spud, two scenarios:
CL quarter-final, You v any of the teams you mentioned:

1st leg lose 4-3, 2nd leg lose 4-3 playing cavalier style

or

1st leg 0-0, 2nd leg win 1-0 by playing it cagey

When it comes on top, I doubt there is any decision is there?

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  7:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

As i stated earlier i've watched City all my life and been a fan of football,win lose or draw and no matter which division we were in i can't ever remember us playing park the bus as a match plan.Also i've been to Old Trafford more than some utd ''fans'' going to watch City one week and utd the next with my brother whose a red.So long as i see a good game of open football i love it no matter whose playing as for the Champions Cup i don't care if we lose against any team so long as its an open game and none of this mega defensive shoite.Italy were the masters at it 1-0 or 0-0 and they even changed because fans point of view boring as feck.The great football teams in world Brazil,Argentina,Holland.Germany,Spain as far as i remember do not park the bus and never have done they may be forced on the back foot but never plan it that way

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Ivan heaphurst
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  7:26:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ivan heaphurst to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Simon Walsh

Tell me how many City players wern’t bought. Silly statement if you ask me

Simon, Simon, are you in danger of becoming the United equivalent of a Bitter Blue, a Resentful Red ?

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  7:35:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by spudnudd

As i stated earlier i've watched City all my life and been a fan of football,win lose or draw and no matter which division we were in i can't ever remember us playing park the bus as a match plan.Also i've been to Old Trafford more than some utd ''fans'' going to watch City one week and utd the next with my brother whose a red.So long as i see a good game of open football i love it no matter whose playing as for the Champions Cup i don't care if we lose against any team so long as its an open game and none of this mega defensive shoite.Italy were the masters at it 1-0 or 0-0 and they even changed because fans point of view boring as feck.The great football teams in world Brazil,Argentina,Holland.Germany,Spain as far as i remember do not park the bus and never have done they may be forced on the back foot but never plan it that way

Yea I get it, I love a good game and 'football' too, but I just can't contemplate ever thinking 'not caring if we lose so long as it has been a good game'.

Each to their own though.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  7:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

Its called being a ''SPORTSMAN'' every body wants to win but you lose in style

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  8:11:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

I win well and lose just as well, never giving it the big un if we do win and saying how it was if we lose.

I would have been posting in here when we average back in the 80s, have been posting through some of the good and continue to now, when things aren't great, but far from terrible.

Anyway must go, need to see if we can close your gap, more about keeping those below us at bay now though I think.

Tricky fixture this one......1-0 palace as I press post!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  8:12:25 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Nobody ever remembers who the losers were.
If you don't play to win then don't bother playing

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  8:41:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Forty minutes gone and United have had no corners and one shot on goal.Way below what I would expect from one of the top table teams in the EPL
Pogba looks awful tonight.

Go to Top of Page

mickthestick
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  9:57:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mickthestick to your friends list

That's what parking the bus does for you ,ah well

Go to Top of Page

160642fishing
Life Member

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  10:10:59 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 160642fishing to your friends list

Utd nicked it in the end with a terrific goal,got to feel a bit sorry for Palace but if they play like that for the rest of the season they should survive.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement...

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

mickthestick
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  10:32:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mickthestick to your friends list

People talking about teams buying the league, one thing I know for sure is City couldn't survive on revenue alone United could and did

Go to Top of Page

shang
Life Member

Hertfordshire

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  10:40:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shang to your friends list

I see Sanchez is carrying the same form as from Arsenal this season

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  11:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Phoenixicus

Nobody ever remembers who the losers were.
If you don't play to win then don't bother playing
I remember who the losers were in 1966 World Cup GERMANY great game open football

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  11:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by mickthestick

People talking about teams buying the league, one thing I know for sure is City couldn't survive on revenue alone United could and did
Who cares

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.08 seconds.