The Maggotdrowners Forum - man city
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 www.Maggotdrowning.com
 Football Corner
 man city
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

mickthestick
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 05 March 2018 :  11:58:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mickthestick to your friends list

Spud you're balling it in ,it's little and often to get bites in here

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  05:51:49 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Of course it was open football in the 60s Spudnudd, each team only had 3 or 4 players that could actually play.
The rest were there just to kick s**t out of everyone.

Go to Top of Page

bazill58
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  07:59:49 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bazill58 to your friends list

Spud with the 16pt lead we have you can throw in a full sack of brown crumb.

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  08:16:42 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

That's what we all love about football fans,you hear nothing from them when their team is average or poor and as soon as they start doing well they suddenly become very vocal.
Usually find they are life long fans as well but last went in 1974

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

bazill58
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  10:44:46 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bazill58 to your friends list

Newcastle 1968
Etihad 2012

Oh and the odd few hundred games in between and still going today

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  12:10:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

There you go Baz I only needed some loose feed

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  12:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Phoenixicus

That's what we all love about football fans,you hear nothing from them when their team is average or poor and as soon as they start doing well they suddenly become very vocal.

i was at at Etihad watchin Newcastle and West Brom games fekn park the bus games also been in Chairmans lounge and The Legends lounge recently [Freebies through a contact].Unfortunately i can't afford to pay for a season ticket its fekn mega dosh not like years ago watchin Lee,Bell and co. for equivelent of 12 an half pence in todays money half a crown in those days.One thing about a true supporter you never change you colours even when the results are shoite and i just don't believe in so called fans that have no local links to a club they are supposed to support TROPHY HUNTERS COME TO MIND.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  12:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

Just another pointer i was born within half a mile from where Man City started in 1894 so most kids in my area were City fans and local supporters club was just around the corner from my house in 1950's.Once a BLUE always a BLUE but the kids today change like the wind I know young reds are now becoming blue fans and thats a fact

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  1:25:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by spudnudd

quote :
Originally posted by Phoenixicus

i was at at Etihad watchin Newcastle and West Brom games fekn park the bus games also been in Chairmans lounge and The Legends lounge recently [Freebies through a contact].Unfortunately i can't afford to pay for a season ticket its fekn mega dosh not like years ago watchin Lee,Bell and co. for equivelent of 12 an half pence in todays money half a crown in those days.One thing about a true supporter you never change you colours even when the results are shoite and i just don't believe in so called fans that have no local links to a club they are supposed to support TROPHY HUNTERS COME TO MIND.

Nope, still not biting, i think you have ruined the swim by balling in that amount of that old chestnut.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  2:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

Think i've broke the scales weighing in my net full to the brim

Go to Top of Page

davylad
Life Member

East Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  3:23:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add davylad to your friends list

Who was the last team to win the title, who didn't spend any money?

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  4:46:57 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Blackburn Rovers the last amateur team to win it before football went professional 1884- 1888

All clubs buy success it's just some spend a lot more than others to achieve it.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  5:52:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by spudnudd

Think i've broke the scales weighing in my net full to the brim

Lol

The lake record in this section is only 20lb and that is usually when one good un is caught I have observed.

But most of the fish in ere are wise and you can rarely expect to put a good run together, occasionally a fish will slip up to a fairly usual baiting strategy, but it is rare. The biggest problem is that you can't feed to your bites, because bites are so rare. Baits that have been seen before are:

Loose offerings of glory hunter, with may be one on the hook.

A target bait of never been to the ground over a bed of not local to the area-mixed the night before the game.

More drier offerings of Tevez to cloud the water, this only worked for a week or so then the fish wised up

A while back someone tried a cocktail of Dennis Laws best goal for City with the coverage of Utd fans on that last day of the season. It was fished on a hair rig and would only have appealed to the older fish.

Small amounts of parking the bus fed a little and often, with 89mil for that on the hook.

Hope that helps. Am no venue expert, but this is my observation.

But hey, its all good fun, as long as the net limit isn't crossed

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  5:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

Cloughie at Forrest was one of my favourites think he only really spent massive money on one player Trevor Francis at that time.He had the gift of making an average player good and a good player brilliantalso making money on the players he sold.Guardiola as the same gift by making good and brilliant players better and like Cloughie he eats and breathes football also both were good footballers.I know Pep as always had the money to spend at Barca,Bayern and now City but this guy is truly gifted and must be ranked as one of the best coaches thats ever been,he even improved Messi along with many many more.Foden is just one of the kids under his wing that will eventually be a regular 1st teamer and if he stays at City for a long spell the big spending will slow down there will be no need for it.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  6:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

you just got to say they are class its just the way it is and I hope they batter Chelsea this weekend to
Well i guess i will finish where this started and its what the little Chelsea maestro said ''if i had played for another 3 hours i wouldn't have got a kick of the ball''so hope you were as pleased as me PP.

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  6:11:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

Yep,Cloughie made good teams, when a team was a team.

Turning players I had never heard of into stars was and is what I respect the 80s Liverpool for and how they play and still play now.

I hope your youth development and as you say the investment that has gone into it works out, it might be the seeds needed to change this culture, I just think things have gone to far down the line now and cynically I think many clubs academies are largely a money making machine.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement...

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  6:19:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

You are joking Spuddy aren't you?
City have the most expensive assembled squad that there has ever been.
Some were there before Pepe came and all are internationals.
Who has he actually improved?
He has just got them playing good football at a time when the main challengers are all going through inconsistency and being average.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41223990

If you think the kids coming through at City will get a chance instead of players being bought you are deluding yourself.
PG will continue to buy internationals the same as he has done at his previous clubs.

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  6:26:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

I think Spud is trying Joker now.

Not banned completely, but use discretion in order to maintain credibility.

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  6:36:08 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Nah I think he is from the same Manchester School of Delusion as PP.
Genuinely believe what they say is true

Go to Top of Page

shang
Life Member

Hertfordshire

Posted - 06 March 2018 :  6:43:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shang to your friends list

Who cares what bait is used as long as it's bought with ones own money....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.08 seconds.