The Maggotdrowners Forum - Korum luggage range
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Korum luggage range
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crowder
Life Member

Site Supporter

United Kingdom

Posted - 29 July 2016 :  12:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see crowder's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this topic Add crowder to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Just wanted to do a short write up about how much the korum range of luggage has changed my fishing. When I used to go fishing I would take my seatbox, comfy chair, a large carryall full of bait and bits, a toolbox, a bait bag, a net bag and a full rod holdall. In the end it got ridiculous and I would sometime have to make between 2 and 3 trips to the car just to get all my gear to my peg, fishing far from the car was a no go.
That all changed when I decided to slim down my tackle and buy the korum gear, I know other brands do similar setups and they will all work just as well but I have found the korum stuff to be spot on, I have the following.

Korum 5 rod quiver - This has a large middle compartment which I store my umbrella and banksticks in, then there are 5 pockets to store your rods on the external side of the quiver, you can even buy rod protectors to go on the ends to stop them getting damaged. I carry all my rods in this and it is very light.

Korum tabletop ruckbag - I use a fox double sided tackle box inside this with all my terminal tackle and there is still room for all my reels, leads, rod rest heads and other accessories. The bag fits onto the korum accessory chair which allows you to carry both on your back. The tabletop feature allows me to place it at the side of my chair and have a platform to put my bait, discorger and rig boxes on.

Korum accessory chair - Made to go with the ruckbag and extremely comfy. You can buy various ones such as the lightweight roving chair or the more bulky deluxe chair which is really comfy, I have the one in between and find it great. Attachment wise I use a rod rest arm and a butt rest but you can buy various attachments.

Korum XL bait and bits bag - I get all my groundbait, pellets, tins and bait boxes in here with room to spare and it is perfect size for carrying with one hand down the bank.

I would give these products 10/10 for the way they have changed my fishing, I feel more organised which I am sure has led to me catching more fish.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 01 August 2016 :  7:28:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Browner to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I agree. Korum make some great kit. I use the compact ruckbag with the ultra light chair and the ground bait bucket to carry my bait in. Feeder rod or float rod is made up and ready to fish. Light weight and easy to move about.

Go to Top of Page

neillawrence
neil

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 15 August 2016 :  10:38:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add neillawrence to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I've just ordered a compact ruckbag and roll up unhooking mat delivery tomorrow
will let you know how I get on with it
Some of the Swims I've been fishing lately are a right walk
so needed to scale down

If it aint broke dont fix it
if it is get a pro to fix it
Go to Top of Page

neillawrence
neil

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  08:34:14 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add neillawrence to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

It's on its way email to confirm delivery time I'm exited
Have to rush back to be here to collect it

Go to Top of Page

neillawrence
neil

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  5:46:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add neillawrence to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by neillawrence

It's on its way email to confirm delivery time I'm exited
Have to rush back to be here to collect it

its here
looks the buisness well made on first appearance only time will tell
got free next day delevery as I ordered the unhooking mat what took it to over 50 quidI will keep you updated and take some photos when I've loaded it up with me barbel gear

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 23 August 2016 :  6:06:06 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Browner to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I think its a great bit of kit. I have also got the smaller "technical rucksack" which I find perfect for roving for chub/barbel when I am not taking a chair. just big enough for a small tackle box, some meat and bread and a fleece.

Go to Top of Page

craigmc1983
Life Member

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 30 December 2016 :  1:45:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add craigmc1983 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

i previously had the mid range chair and backpack and loved it! i really highly rate korums luggage

im looking to get back into fishing again and probably gonna go with the roving luggage set, as like you mentioned crowder i used to take too much gear and want to keep it to the minimum this time

Go to Top of Page

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 01 January 2017 :  1:41:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Browner to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

For my general fishing I use the ultra light chair and the compact ruck bag. A great combo that allows me to carry plenty of kit and still have my hands free for a couple of rods and a bait bucket. I use some modified "any chair" attachments and some modified bank sticks which fit inside the ruck bag.

Go to Top of Page

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Oldish Opinionated Gimmer and Ex NFA Angling Coach

Posted - 08 January 2017 :  8:48:22 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I've just taken delivery of the Korum Compact Ruckbag and with a bit of rethreading of the straps I found it fits the accessory chair brilliantly... loving it

Women Love Me... Fish Fear Me
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

lucc
Life Member

France

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  08:39:48 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lucc to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

korum accessory chair:
Even the "deluxe" chair has a leg fixation system which is far from perfect....I would have prefered round d25 (more std) and a fixation system which does not leave any mark on them (such as Rive)

Go to Top of Page

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Oldish Opinionated Gimmer and Ex NFA Angling Coach

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  2:56:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

they all do that Sir.... TBH that's hardly worth worrying about, most leg systems will mark up at some point, and the ones that don't usually come at a premium price... for what the Accessory Chair costs, I can live with that....

Women Love Me... Fish Fear Me
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Chris1Richo
Life Member

North Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  3:22:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris1Richo to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Is this the same with the new KORUM X25 chair?

Go to Top of Page

thetraveller
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  4:03:56 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thetraveller to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by lucc

korum accessory chair:
Even the "deluxe" chair has a leg fixation system which is far from perfect....I would have prefered round d25 (more std) and a fixation system which does not leave any mark on them (such as Rive)

I am sure that Korum could do that and also charge Rive prices as well.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Scribe

Site Supporter

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  7:16:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scribe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Well thank you very much !

My New years resolution was no more kit ! Having bought the Korum deluxe accessory chair along with a Korum bump bar to go with the assortment of other Korum accessories I already own for Xmas,
I thought I was sorted. Now reading this thread I am thinking hmmm I could dispose of the full size Ex Army Bergen Rucksack I take with me, plus rod holdall and pole roller bag etc etc.

Now I am contemplating getting the Korum ruckbag and oh and surely I need a speedfit Korum Groundbait bag to go with it.

Flipping temptation !

I was doing so well too !

Kev

“If you can’t play nice, play rugby !’
‘Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so !’
Go to Top of Page

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  9:15:02 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Browner to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Korum Ruckbags so are top bits of kit. You won't be disappointed. Great combo with the chair and well worth the money.

Go to Top of Page

Scribe

Site Supporter

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  6:11:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scribe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Have had a look a the Deluxe Ruckbag, however it does state that it is not compatible with the X25 Deluxe accessory Chair so I am wondering if the standard ruckbag is compatible with the deluxe chair. On reading the description/specification it doesn't state that it is not, then again it doesn't state that it is either. Does anyone use a ruckbag with the X25 Deluxe Chair ?

Many thanks

Kev

“If you can’t play nice, play rugby !’
‘Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so !’
Go to Top of Page

genesis
Life Member

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

ACCOUNT LOCKED

Posted - 19 January 2017 :  5:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I have had a Korum chair for years and have found it to be an excellent piece of kit. Sturdy, up to the job and I would recommend one to anyone.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.41 seconds.