The Maggotdrowners Forum - Prestons Monster tackle and bait carryall
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Prestons Monster tackle and bait carryall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arry
Aitch

Site Supporter

Oldish Opinionated Gimmer and Ex NFA Angling Coach

Posted - 14 September 2016 :  4:06:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Arry to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I've had one of these for quite a while now (into my second season with it)and I have to say that it's a really well thought out bit of luggage, I can get rollers and accessories into the top compartments and bait into the base... the base is thermally lined so it keeps your bait nice and cool with a couple of blocks, you can fill the thing with loads of gear which brings me onto it's only problem.... the only downside is the size, and that's not really a problem other than the temptation to fill it to the brim which in turn makes it a tad heavy... I like the velcro flap at the back, which you can tuck the shoulder strap into so it doesn't lay on a muddy bank... like I said... well thought out... I paid 58 for mine with a club discount from Angling Direct

Women Love Me... Fish Fear Me

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 14 September 2016 :  7:15:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

What is the length width and depth of the two top compartments, if possible. Been looking at these. I have two maver roller wondering if they will fit.

Go to Top of Page

woolavy
Life Member

Site Supporter

Somerset
United Kingdom

Why alway carp, carp, carp?

Posted - 15 September 2016 :  11:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit woolavy's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add woolavy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Nice piece of luggage, I have one and I like it, though it wont hold most new pole rollers, like most of that range of luggage it isn't too waterproof (hence why a lot of companies now use eva materials).

Would love to say I'm a 'top class all-rounder'......but I would not be telling the whole truth!!

woolavy's blog
Go to Top of Page

woolavy
Life Member

Site Supporter

Somerset
United Kingdom

Why alway carp, carp, carp?

Posted - 15 September 2016 :  4:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit woolavy's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add woolavy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The XL Rollers don't fit, they are too long, I bought it without measuring, so bought the dedicated maver roller bag, and since I have the preston roller bag which is very good.

Would love to say I'm a 'top class all-rounder'......but I would not be telling the whole truth!!

woolavy's blog
Go to Top of Page

Method_Man
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 November 2016 :  8:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Method_Man's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Method_Man to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I've had mine for 2 or 3 years now and it's still going strong - it's robust, durable and was very reasonably priced.

I don't have any complaints at all, but like the poster above, I did buy an XL Roller which is just too long for the side pockets (my own fault for not measuring it beforehand).

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

MartynRedfern
Another bad draw

Suffolk
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 November 2016 :  12:40:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MartynRedfern to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

it is good, had mine for 3 years which is quite a while for a carryall. The zips have now bust though so time to change. However I am going back to a traditional carryall, as one thing that did irritate me is because it is so organised you cannot just dip you hand in and grab things if that makes sense. concur with the above, XL rollers do not fit in, preston have now brought out a roller bag....

Go to Top of Page

DooGie
Life Member

Site Supporter

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 26 November 2016 :  11:10:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DooGie to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Method_Man

I've had mine for 2 or 3 years now and it's still going strong - it's robust, durable and was very reasonably priced.

I don't have any complaints at all, but like the poster above, I did buy an XL Roller which is just too long for the side pockets (my own fault for not measuring it beforehand).

I agree totally with your comments. It's a superb piece of luggage. However it weighs a bloody ton.

It's better to be a fool for 5 minutes of your life by asking a question than to be a fool for the rest of your life by not knowing the answer.
Go to Top of Page

genesis
Life Member

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

ACCOUNT LOCKED

Posted - 27 November 2016 :  10:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit genesis's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add genesis to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The holdall and net bag is the same. Super bit of kit but very heavy. On the holdall it has a thick moulded solid plastic base which is heavy enough on its own.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.24 seconds.