The Maggotdrowners Forum - Browning sphere pole
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Browning sphere pole
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike atkinson
Life Member

Site Supporter

Posted - 16 December 2016 :  05:30:04 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mike atkinson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Has anybody had a play with one of these poles yet or seen one. If so, what are they like? Thanks.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 December 2016 :  06:00:17 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Bloody expensive!!!

Go to Top of Page

Gutsy
Life Member

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  8:19:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gutsy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The good thing about these poles is Browning now do an adapter so that you can fit Avanti top kits , this makes sense because after spending 4k on a pole you can get top kits for a tenner , think I will see if they do a pole only then get 20 Avanti top kits

Go to Top of Page

gingert76
Ginge

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  9:02:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gingert76 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

so in answer Mike no ive not seen one or know of anyone who has......why bother posting daft posts saying expensive when he is asking a sensible question? he wasnt saying what do you think of the price was he! so many stupid posts on this forum (though Gutsy that made me laugh)

Go to Top of Page

tchawki82
Life Member

Hampshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  7:56:28 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tchawki82 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I have a propper waggle outside of the shop few weeks ago(my friend brought one)
The pole feels fantastic.Very light and mega stiff also feels quite strong.Don't get me wrong is not bagging pole but You shouldn't have any problem with match size carp.
The new top kits are very stiff which I like compare to old xitan which band to much in my opinion.Top kits have new very clever construction.The pole is slimmer than xitan range.
If You fish long all the time for f1 and match sizel carp,silvers.Snake lakes etc.You can't find better tool.
The precision marks are fraction to sharp in my opinion.
This pole feels like ''the best pole ever'' to me.
Would I buy one?
No

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Badger61

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  9:15:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Badger61 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

My local tackle shop have got them in yesterday. I'm going to have a try with one tomorrow and compare it with the Preston M90. I'm buying one of them. Just got to weigh up the packages and decide if its better. Well, if it's a grand plus better. I don't suppose there are many anglers that have one yet.

Go to Top of Page

Badger61

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  9:18:22 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Badger61 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Which ever one I get, I won't be putting Avanti spares on them. Cheap top kits ruin good poles.

Go to Top of Page

mickmac
Life Member

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  01:20:16 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mickmac to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Totally agree badger

Go to Top of Page

artist
wightangler

Isles of Wight
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  07:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Send artist an AOL message  Send artist a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add artist to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

i think Gutsy might just have been taking the pee, lol.

Sure its a great pole - but imo, it seems as if flagship poles have come full circle - with some of the newer designs seeming to be getting more like the old lightweight flagship match poles of nearly twenty years ago, albeit much, much stiffer and with less tip bounce due to technical advances in resins and carbon cloth?

With f1 fishing becoming so dominant on major venues then perhaps the need for optimum wall strength in a flagship pole is'nt such a priority? Indeed, perhaps we are returning to the old days when you needed both a light match pole and also a heavier carp pole both fishable and balanced for 16m? The t/pro does both (as does the nemisis, colmic f66,etc.) but its certainly not the lightest or stiffest of flagship poles (if possibly still the strongest and most versatile all -rounder type).

I noticed a lot of old mk.1 daiwa speccy's have come back out during the winter open matches on commie snakes down my way. Makes sense given 16m for 5 hrs is still a physical strain even with the lighter old match poles but certainly less than with a full-on flagship heavier but wall stronger/ thicker carp pole.

So some might think Browning are ahead of the curve with their new sphere f1 on this? And presuming its a tad stronger than the much acclaimed silverlite?

be wasted on me sadly though.
But would still be very interested to hear about a sphere from someone who's tried or bought one and actually fished with one?

Edited by - artist on 13 January 2017 07:10:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Gutsy
Life Member

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  10:01:47 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gutsy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by artist

i think Gutsy might just have been taking the pee, lol.

Sure its a great pole - but imo, it seems as if flagship poles have come full circle - with some of the newer designs seeming to be getting more like the old lightweight flagship match poles of nearly twenty years ago, albeit much, much stiffer and with less tip bounce due to technical advances in resins and carbon cloth?

With f1 fishing becoming so dominant on major venues then perhaps the need for optimum wall strength in a flagship pole is'nt such a priority? Indeed, perhaps we are returning to the old days when you needed both a light match pole and also a heavier carp pole both fishable and balanced for 16m? The t/pro does both (as does the nemisis, colmic f66,etc.) but its certainly not the lightest or stiffest of flagship poles (if possibly still the strongest and most versatile all -rounder type).

I noticed a lot of old mk.1 daiwa speccy's have come back out during the winter open matches on commie snakes down my way. Makes sense given 16m for 5 hrs is still a physical strain even with the lighter old match poles but certainly less than with a full-on flagship heavier but wall stronger/ thicker carp pole.

So some might think Browning are ahead of the curve with their new sphere f1 on this? And presuming its a tad stronger than the much acclaimed silverlite?

be wasted on me sadly though.
But would still be very interested to hear about a sphere from someone who's tried or bought one and actually fished with one?

bang to rights following on from Breamgods thread lol

Go to Top of Page

Badger61

Posted - 14 January 2017 :  12:18:27 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Badger61 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I've had a few flagship poles in my hands at my local pole alley today with a view to buying one. The M90 and Sphere are both very impressive poles. At 13 & 14.5mtrs, the difference imo is very marginal.
At the full 16mtrs, the M90 has to have the dolly butt in. I wish it was a full section for the M90. Because it's not worth fannying about with and it's an extra joint that it could do without. Not a deal breaker though. In any case, the pole is very light and really stiff at all lengths. I also think it's a good package and a mate will swop me a couple of top kits from his M90, So we both tailor our packages for nowt. Which sways me slightly. He fishes exclusively for carp with his and he's had it a while, but my fishing is mostly for silvers with a bit of commercial fishing.
If money was no object, I think I would be looking at a Sphere. Exceptionally light and stiff at every length, up to 16mtrs. I didn't try it at 17mtrs as I never asked and I'm not sure it would have fitted in the alley tbh. There is nothing detrimental to say about it. There isn't anything better that I've had in my hands in a pole alley. Only time will tell when there are a few on the bank and people start with owner/user reviews.
They both stand up well against everything else I had a waggle with, which is just about all the flagship poles now.
Value for money, I'll get the M90. Want the best pole in the alley and money not a concern, I'd get the Sphere.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 14 January 2017 :  05:27:36 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by gingert76

so in answer Mike no ive not seen one or know of anyone who has......why bother posting daft posts saying expensive when he is asking a sensible question? he wasnt saying what do you think of the price was he! so many stupid posts on this forum (though Gutsy that made me laugh)
why is my post a daft response???? That is a sensible response y pay 4K for a pole when u can pay 2k for one and it can marginally be any difference between poles..it's called pushing for that extra shilling all manufacturers have tried it especially Diawa with the 710 knowing it's out of normal anglers pocket so anglers settled for 'mid range pole' the 410 at 2200..why do u think they've fetched a new range of pole out at the same time???next thing ull read is waiting time for sphere cos they only make them to the demand but z14 and z9-2 ull be flying out of the shops cos anglers won't wait or get told about waiting lists ..and in my mind no pole is worth 4K and that's someone who's owned a 710 and an air but would never pay that kind of money out

Go to Top of Page

pelet
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 January 2017 :  11:18:41 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pelet to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Love browning poles but this time Browning have gone to strong on price.I won't be getting one no matter how good thay are.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 January 2017 :  11:34:23 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by pelet

Love browning poles but this time Browning have gone to strong on price.I won't be getting one no matter how good thay are.
totally agree pushing the boundaries just like they've all tried

Go to Top of Page

cjsid
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire

Posted - 16 January 2017 :  12:53:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjsid to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Can't see a problem if you can afford it and like it buy it , same as cars or we would all be driving round in fiesta's
Browning quite possibly spent a few bob developing the pole and now need to recoup some money , knowing they may not sell many hence the price , also someone has to pay for Bob Nudd's freebee lol

Go to Top of Page

pelet
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 January 2017 :  6:40:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pelet to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Sid I've got a Z12 & Z8 & I don't mind paying what I feel is a fair price,manufacturers seem to be getting to greedy it's not about afford it or not.

Go to Top of Page

Gutsy
Life Member

Posted - 16 January 2017 :  11:44:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gutsy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Spares would be my concern with these , let's say Browning sell 200 of these poles whose going to stock spares when there won't be a demand unless someone breaks one , a number 5 or 6 on a 4k pole is going to be 400-450 quid I would have though so can't see many dealers stocking them , that could mean a long wait especially if they are made to order .

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Kirtons
Life Member

Site Supporter

Posted - 17 January 2017 :  06:41:58 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kirtons to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Gutsy

Spares would be my concern with these , let's say Browning sell 200 of these poles whose going to stock spares when there won't be a demand unless someone breaks one , a number 5 or 6 on a 4k pole is going to be 400-450 quid I would have though so can't see many dealers stocking them , that could mean a long wait especially if they are made to order .

I'd want assurances on the spares from browning directly at the rrp

Go to Top of Page

richox12
Life Member

Posted - 17 January 2017 :  07:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit richox12's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add richox12 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

[quote]Originally posted by Gutsy

Spares would be my concern with these , let's say Browning sell 200 of these poles whose going to stock spares when there won't be a demand unless someone breaks one , a number 5 or 6 on a 4k pole is going to be 400-450 quid I would have though so can't see many dealers stocking them , that could mean a long wait especially if they are mad

Surely that applies to any brand or make of pole. Hardly any retailer would keep a large and very expensive section in shop stock but would place an order to the supplier when required. It's up to the 'brand' (so importer/distributor) to keep stock.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.33 seconds.