The Maggotdrowners Forum - Fine wire barbless eyed hooks
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Fine wire barbless eyed hooks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul od
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  2:12:34 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Paul od to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Any suggestions? Something like the Drennan Silver fish hair riggers, but finer, is what I'm looking for?

PaulOD

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

blue orfe
Life Member

Berkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  4:03:57 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blue orfe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

The Guru LWG are pretty light and fine. Not sure if they are finer than the Drennan SF. I have mic'd them both up for thickness so I will check when I get home.

Go to Top of Page

Paul od
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  4:59:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paul od to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Thanks. Yes, it's the weight etc I'm trying to minimise.

PaulOD
Go to Top of Page

blue orfe
Life Member

Berkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  6:25:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blue orfe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Ok so they mic'd up as follows (size 18)
Drennan silverfish eyed - 0.32
Guru LWG eyed - 0.35
Preston PR36 0.36
B911 eyed - 0.38
So the Drennan silverfish is lighter by some way. I don' t know of any lighter. I have used them by the way and they are very good, not had any straighten even on carp.

Go to Top of Page

grey
Life Member

Leicestershire

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  12:14:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grey to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I'm guessing you need an eyed hook for a knotless-knot and hair, but you can save about 25% of the hook's weight by using a spade.

As a rough guide, fine gauge eyed hook is about the same weight as a medium gauge spade.

I use Kamasan crystal b510 barbless (whipping a hair on if required) when I feel I need lightest hook possible.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Paul od
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 18 January 2017 :  2:02:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paul od to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Thanks, lads. Sorry for the late acknowledgement, I've been away for a few days.

PaulOD
Go to Top of Page

artist
wightangler

Isles of Wight
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 18 January 2017 :  2:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Send artist an AOL message  Send artist a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add artist to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

the frenzee ones are a fine'ish wire.

Go to Top of Page

pauln
Dreadexit

Site Supporter

Teesside
United Kingdom

Lost

Posted - 18 January 2017 :  7:25:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pauln to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by blue orfe

Ok so they mic'd up as follows (size 18)
Drennan silverfish eyed - 0.32
Guru LWG eyed - 0.35
Preston PR36 0.36
B911 eyed - 0.38
So the Drennan silverfish is lighter by some way. I don' t know of any lighter. I have used them by the way and they are very good, not had any straighten even on carp.

is the 911 the 911x ?

Go to Top of Page

blue orfe
Life Member

Berkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 January 2017 :  7:43:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blue orfe to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

B911 mate, standard eyed

Edited by - blue orfe on 18 January 2017 7:44:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

pauln
Dreadexit

Site Supporter

Teesside
United Kingdom

Lost

Posted - 18 January 2017 :  8:37:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pauln to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Thank you they look thinner than the LWG ( but an 18 911 is like a 20 LWG )
My eyes aint what they used to be and my micrometer is seized

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.23 seconds.