The Maggotdrowners Forum - Not sure how to help.
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 Fishing
 Disabled Angling
 Not sure how to help.
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ukzero1
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 13 April 2018 :  11:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ukzero1's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this topic Add ukzero1 to your friends list

Near me, there is a water park with 2 lakes. I fish them regularly, but there are a few pegs for disabled anglers (I am able-bodied) that are totally unfishable. The platforms are in a shocking state because they slope to one side or the other, also overgrown or there are trees overhanging so much that casting a waggler or feeder is out of the question and just getting to the pegs is a job on it's own.
I have talked to the bailiff's about cutting them back, smartening up the platforms/pegs etc. and all I got was.."It's not our fault, blame the council cos they own it".
I have sent emails, written to them, phoned them and nothing has been done. So, I have to ask..can anyone suggest anything else I can do to help them?
I have approached Disabled centres etc. but to no avail.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Stumbler
Life Member

Sussex

Posted - 13 April 2018 :  2:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Stumbler's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Stumbler to your friends list

As far as I'm aware, they may be in breach of the Equality Act 2010, which covers discrimination and disabled access.

The following people may be able to advise :-

https://www.gov.uk/equality-advisor...port-service

Go to Top of Page

ukzero1
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 13 April 2018 :  4:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ukzero1's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add ukzero1 to your friends list

Thanks, that link seems useful. Email sent.

Go to Top of Page

ukzero1
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 14 April 2018 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ukzero1's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add ukzero1 to your friends list

UPDATE
Had email back asking for photo's or better still, a video of the state of the platforms and possibly show a disabled angler trying to use them.
They seem to think that it could also be a Health and Safety issue but don't know until video (or photo) evidence is provided.

I have also been in touch with these people...

https://bdaa.co.uk/

They are also asking for photo/video evidence. Looks like I can finally get them some help.

Thanks again Stumbler.

Edited by - ukzero1 on 14 April 2018 08:57:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

warrington63
Life Member

Cheshire

Posted - 18 April 2018 :  11:29:43 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add warrington63 to your friends list

Send jimmyb111 a pm and see what he comes up with as well.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.05 seconds.