The Maggotdrowners Forum - World Cup 2018-just for fun
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 www.Maggotdrowning.com
 Football Corner
 World Cup 2018-just for fun
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

bazill58
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 23 March 2018 :  07:50:29 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bazill58 to your friends list

Belgium and Russkies
Got a chance with Belgium and if it boils down to fight i got the KGB on my side.

Go to Top of Page

160642fishing
Life Member

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2018 :  11:45:03 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 160642fishing to your friends list

Happy with Spain.

Go to Top of Page

Bulldog

Site Supporter

Midlands West

Posted - 23 March 2018 :  6:13:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bulldog to your friends list

Aussies .....Meh
Germany well this will cause a domestic, missus is german cant really be hoping they win it never hear the end of it

Go to Top of Page

Matt Simmy
Matress

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 23 March 2018 :  9:46:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Matt Simmy to your friends list

Nigeria an Ennnngggeerrland!!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 March 2018 :  08:29:08 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

At least you know the draw wasn't fixed...........Iran and Tunisia. Although Tunisia will be joint second after the first fixtures in the group.

Go to Top of Page

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 March 2018 :  09:13:36 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Matt Sammy is the winner.
He gets to live the disappointmental of England getting knocked out and then becomes the beneficiary of 1,000,000

Go to Top of Page

Matt Simmy
Matress

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 24 March 2018 :  09:54:28 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Matt Simmy to your friends list

Gotta dream mate.....

Go to Top of Page

Eric The Red
Life Member

Durham
England

Posted - 25 March 2018 :  10:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Eric The Red's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Eric The Red to your friends list

wisey would do think would happen if they got a corner

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Wise Owl
Trainee Moderator

West Yorkshire
Pakistan

Posted - 25 March 2018 :  3:29:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wise Owl to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Eric The Red

wisey would do think would happen if they got a corner

They would build a shop there

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 March 2018 :  8:34:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

Got some worries.
Can Stones be the centre man of a 3 in defence?

Cannot help thinking that the lack of numbers of international standard of centre halves is catching up with us now, he hasn't got that many caps, but is our most experienced currently I think I am right in saying.

Not sure of 3 at the back full stop, with 4 in mid, a team that comes at us can get some joy and keep us pinned back, when two of the mid have to make the defence a 5. Might see now how this works, just gone 1-0 up against Italy and I predict them pinning us, until they score.

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 March 2018 :  8:39:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

Walker right side of the 3 isn't utilising his strengths either.

Did I mention I don't like 3 at the back......

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 28 March 2018 :  10:42:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

Yes you did Northantslad, but stop talking to yourself and face it, either:

No-one watched the game
No-one can be arsed with England anymore
No-one really wants to discuss England
No-one wants to discuss England with me

Or all, or some of the above

Dunno if being to harsh though, they got a draw against difficult opposition, or are they difficult at the moment? In a bit of decline period with not qualifying and all that, has anyone watched this and the Holland game and been a little or more impressed?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Phoenixicus
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 29 March 2018 :  11:05:09 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phoenixicus to your friends list

Stirling was excellent and just needs to be more direct and shoot more.
Lingard has a good footballing brain and looks a very good player.
Alli not looking sharp but hopefully just a blip.
Walker had a very good game and his long passing was excellent.
Stones looked a liability in the first 15mins and good teams could have put the game beyond us - once he settled he looked very solid.

We did look very good going forward and with Kane back and Lallana back to full fitness we may surprise a few people.
Can we win it? - no, but other teams will not want to play us either so it could be interesting.

Stick with Southgate and let him develop this squad and those coming through as there is a lot of potential at all levels to kick on.

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 29 March 2018 :  8:54:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list

Aye up mate.
Southgate has been making me eat some of my words recently, tactically and result wise (lost just 2 in 16) and fair play to him, but not seen him under tournament pressure yet when a decision needs making that has ramifications.

Need a tournament again where England prove us wrong, until then I wouldn't think I am alone in thinking it will just be same old.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.06 seconds.