The Maggotdrowners Forum - Map Z30 Elite seat box
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Map Z30 Elite seat box
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

alanmac
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 03 December 2016 :  12:15:38 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alanmac to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I have looked at the d25 Octbox and a few of the lads have them, well made strong, bit like a mini oil platform but a bit too much going on for me, if I was a bit younger I might consider, as mentioned don't think my ideal box exists.

I certainly need a new box and at the moment I am still drawn to the New Map box so I will still probably order one and regret it.

Go to Top of Page

Kirtons
Life Member

Site Supporter

Posted - 03 December 2016 :  12:55:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kirtons to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I'll start by saying I'm not on a wind up (regarding my past comments on an old old version) but with type of prices that are being banded about for modern framed station type boxes if I was considering one myself the latest octbox would be one of two I'd go for(the other being rive ) I personally know a few people with the recent octbox and I have had a good look round a them and whist not visually to everyone's taste the engineering seems above and beyond what most are producing which will result in value for money and longevity. Plus it seems to be customisable to suit each individual. The other option is rive in either 25/36 leg yes it seems expensive but it holds its value like no other and they really do last. Another thing to question is do you need a footplate and a shuttle, I've recently bought a stool type box and a rigger barrow platform getting rid of a shuttle and a daiwa 500 box in the process. My barrow doubles up as a side tray or on rivers(or any other venue ) a solid base, made my set up so much more efficient and lighter.

Edited by - Kirtons on 03 December 2016 1:02:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

gingert76
Ginge

Posted - 03 December 2016 :  1:00:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gingert76 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Talking about the D25 has anyone got the power wheel kit with it or seen it? Love my golf power trolley so makes sense to consider getting a fishing one

Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 03 December 2016 :  9:35:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I've had a Preston Space Shuttle for 4-5 years & had no problems at all, but I've just bought a MAP 2 wheeler since it packs away almost flat into its own case - maybe something to consider if you go for the seatbox since its bound to fit the new MAP boxes?

We've got the Z30 at work (Bobco) & it looks to have a good build quality & finish, with some innovative legs! I like it, but I'm unsure of availability of the extra trays & draws that you might want to make it fit your needs, I think they're due in mid December.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

geeman
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  10:16:30 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add geeman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

We've got the Z30 at work (Bobco) & it looks to have a good build quality & finish, with some innovative legs! I like it, but I'm unsure of availability of the extra trays & draws that you might want to make it fit your needs, I think they're due in mid December.

Hatman, can I ask if you have the H30 lite box at work and what is your opinion of it.
Cheers

Go to Top of Page

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  11:12:56 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

If u want a box that withstands time then buy a tidy 2nd hand rive d25 for about 300 you can get one with loads of extras because the tackle tarts only look at the clumbersome d36 that weigh heavier than a skip!! All boxes have there problems if you really look for them but reality is they're there to store your tackle in n sit on once at your chosen peg...I've a matrix box n I know already it won't last half the life of my old rive d25 but at the price I paid for it n the price I sold my old rive I got a new box for free...if this box goes whilst d25 r still about I'd definitely go back to the old rive

Go to Top of Page

breamgod
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  11:15:53 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breamgod to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Kirtons

I'll start by saying I'm not on a wind up (regarding my past comments on an old old version) but with type of prices that are being banded about for modern framed station type boxes if I was considering one myself the latest octbox would be one of two I'd go for(the other being rive ) I personally know a few people with the recent octbox and I have had a good look round a them and whist not visually to everyone's taste the engineering seems above and beyond what most are producing which will result in value for money and longevity. Plus it seems to be customisable to suit each individual. The other option is rive in either 25/36 leg yes it seems expensive but it holds its value like no other and they really do last. Another thing to question is do you need a footplate and a shuttle, I've recently bought a stool type box and a rigger barrow platform getting rid of a shuttle and a daiwa 500 box in the process. My barrow doubles up as a side tray or on rivers(or any other venue ) a solid base, made my set up so much more efficient and lighter.
youve only lightened your gear so ya can be like a racehorse before them scales can come to ya peg so ya can blend in with rest of the scale followers#128540;#128557;#128557;#128557;#128557;

Go to Top of Page

chefster
Shedster!!

Site Supporter

Oxfordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  12:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit chefster's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chefster to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

Ready for a quick getaway

www.miraclebaits.com
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Kirtons
Life Member

Site Supporter

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  1:27:34 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kirtons to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by breamgod

quote :

youve only lightened your gear so ya can be like a racehorse before them scales can come to ya peg so ya can blend in with rest of the scale followers#128540;#128557;#128557;#128557;#128557;

Shouldn't you be busy fishing with your mate mate Dennis white or the Barnsley blacks?

Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  8:52:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by geeman

Hatman, can I ask if you have the H30 lite box at work and what is your opinion of it.
Cheers

I'll have another look at it & post an answer tomorrow. Its next to the Z30 & whenever I'm there the Z30 catches my eye!

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

pies
Life Member

Kent

Posted - 04 December 2016 :  9:04:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pies to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

What is the purpose of a Z frame to my eyes its just a heavy way of building a frame

Go to Top of Page

alanmac
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 05 December 2016 :  7:34:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alanmac to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Chris,

Next time you walk past it can you tell me how many dividers there are in the side trays.

Give it a lift and tell me if you think it is no heavier than the Preston compact.
Cheers,
Oh, give my best to Tim boy Peters.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

alanmac
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 05 December 2016 :  7:39:47 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alanmac to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

By the way, I mean the Z30.&

Go to Top of Page

alanmac
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 05 December 2016 :  7:42:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alanmac to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by alanmac

By the way, I mean the Z30.

Go to Top of Page

alanmac
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 06 December 2016 :  8:47:25 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alanmac to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Ironically, tried to order one today from Fosters" guess what, out of stock!!!!

Go to Top of Page

skimmerman

Bristol

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  2:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit skimmerman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add skimmerman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Went to my local tackle shop to order one of the MAP Z30 seatboxes today and after a lengthy discussion I decided not to buy one as MAP are having problems with the cushions splitting on the corner at the rear of the seat, so I will wait to see if they can come up with an improvement before I spend my money.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Hatman
Drawbag ace

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  3:14:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I was sure I'd replied to the above request, but its gone! Probably didnt hit submit reply before logging out, sorry!

My opinion is that the H30 standard or lite is equally cleverly designed and well built as the Z30, but unlike the Z30 has height adjustment flexibility which is advantageous to many. With the Z you will probably need to add further slices to make the height right for you since the Z frame format doesnt allow for adjustment. The large extra storage offered by the H30 (the difference between it & the Lite) is great, wide open space is more flexible than compartmented low height storage.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.45 seconds.