The Maggotdrowners Forum - Nick Gilbert elastic
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Nick Gilbert elastic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

WEZDOG

Posted - 08 January 2017 :  6:48:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WEZDOG to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I use the White Amber core for skimmer fishing on commercials (bridges at monk lakes). It is soft on the strike but is brilliant for taming the bigger ones quickly.

Go to Top of Page

paulberry1963
Life Member

Somerset
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 January 2017 :  9:39:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulberry1963 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

thanks thats what i am going to use it for Big Skimmers on a commercial near me

Go to Top of Page

jjpendurocomp
Life Member

Site Supporter

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 January 2017 :  06:27:54 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jjpendurocomp to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

All my top kits have Nicks elastic. IMO total value for money

Go to Top of Page

homercostello

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 January 2017 :  6:34:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add homercostello to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Just fitted nicks elastic in three of my to kits white 6 to 10s dark green 10 to 14s and black 12 to 16s all amber core hope these will cover most senarios this season delivered super fast cannot fault the service.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

rodring
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 17 January 2017 :  7:43:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rodring to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by jjpendurocomp

All my top kits have Nicks elastic. IMO total value for money
Ditto all my top kits have Nick's elastic in them. Used the pink 6-10 today caught F1's from 1/2lb to 3lb carp to 3lb and Barbel to 1 1/2 lb, never lost a fish and felt in total control superb winter elastic.

Go to Top of Page

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 14 February 2017 :  3:13:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Have many used the micro bore, how did you find it. I personally like a softer elastic. Was thinking of giving it a try.

Go to Top of Page

marlon
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 15 February 2017 :  07:42:24 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add marlon to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Well,i have used a few grades of Nick's elastics,and so far found it superb.And just ordered a load,to elasticate all my topkits.

Go to Top of Page

pole addict
Life Member

Site Supporter

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 15 February 2017 :  6:29:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pole addict to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by johng19

Have many used the micro bore, how did you find it. I personally like a softer elastic. Was thinking of giving it a try.

I have a top kit with the blue, i think it's 8-12

I found it nearer the 12 end of the scale, but these things are very subjective rather than an exact science.

I've only used it a couple of times preferring the green twin core 10-12 now.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 15 February 2017 :  8:07:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Is the twin core softer, (more forgiving)

Go to Top of Page

pole addict
Life Member

Site Supporter

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 15 February 2017 :  8:58:57 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pole addict to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by johng19

Is the twin core softer, (more forgiving)

I have found it to be.

I was given some mosella pink 10-14 which is pretty soft for it's rating but i found it ideal for carp shallow, and i wanted to find something similar. The micro bore 8-12 I found to be a tad heavier but the twin core green 10-12 was almost identical in performance.

But again, others may have differing opinions.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

davylad
Life Member

Site Supporter

East Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 February 2017 :  7:01:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add davylad to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I remember getting 5 or 6 lengths of Nicks elastic, I noticed a small bubble in one of them. I contacted Nick to explain, and received a replacement the next day. Hydro is very good, but so is NG's at less than half the price.

There's no success like failure,
and failure is no success at all.
Go to Top of Page

lewea
Life Member

Gt. London

Posted - 20 February 2017 :  3:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit lewea's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add lewea to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Swapped out all my hydro for NG elastics, great stuff, great price, great service!

Thanks Nick!

Lewy

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

middyman
Life Member

Nottinghamshire

Posted - 20 February 2017 :  5:09:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add middyman to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by davylad Hydro is very good, but so is NG's at less than half the price.

Ford focus is decent but it's not a Ferrari davy

Go to Top of Page

rodring
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 19 March 2017 :  7:52:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rodring to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Been using Nick's pink 6-10 catching skimmers and the odd rouge carp topped by an 11lbr today took me a while to get in but at no time did I feel I was going to lose any of these bonus carp can't rate it highly enough.

Go to Top of Page

JLK
Life Member

Site Supporter

United Kingdom

Posted - 20 March 2017 :  12:57:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLK to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

What people forget is that all carp are not equal. Different venues have different requirements for elastics.

You might be able to use the green amber core on some venues catching a decent stamp of carp without any issues, yet use the same elastic on another venue and it just isn't up to the job due to how different the carp behave when hooked.

I fish a venue where some carp up to 2/3lb are proper maniacs and set off like a speeding train and using the green or white here is not applicable.

A step up to the black however is spot on. You have to take these things into consideration rather than chastise an elastic because it doesn't fit the expected ratings but I would have thought that this would have been a given anyway.

Go to Top of Page

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 21 March 2017 :  5:24:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

How long would you suggest, before changing these elastics.
I no it would depend on how much you use them. Only asking as I have had elastic that has lasted a few years. But have had some of this for maybe 8 or 9 months and is unusable, bubbles in and one actually snapped Sunday, that a first for me.
Must say up until now they have been good, so wondering if the it a time limit you would use as a guide for elastic.
Use to use hydro but feel it has changed and very expensive.

Edited by - johng19 on 21 March 2017 8:42:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.31 seconds.